I Really wanted to Like Add-On Linker, so I gave a try, but

So, I decided to give Addon-Linker a try, below is just an Example of how I built my folder structure. :point_down:

For the Scenery Structure :point_down:

Same goes for all other Regions, To many To list…

The issue I’m facing:

Once the sim loads up and I’m in the world Menu:

– I select a Departure Airport
– I Select Fly
– During the Loading Phase the sim Locks-up (Doesn’t crash) Just Locks up. The blue line Stops moving. Waited a while, nothing.

–At first, I thought perhaps it’s an Add-on or maybe Aircraft Related, Nothing.
–I tried different aircraft, and Airports, and was still experiencing this issue.

After Disabling, Re Enabling, and troubleshoot the Issue I gave up, so, I then threw everything Back into the Community Folder and WALA problem disappeared and now everything is running as it should.

So, it all points to Addon Linker, I’m still willing to give Addon-Linker a try as I believe it is a Great tool and like to know if anyone has a solution to this?

The issue with Addon Linker was Intermittent sometimes it would load up sometimes it wouldn’t, for some Airports it would lock up all the time.

That’s strange. I’ve been using it since week 1. As you, i have all my addons structure by type and for airports and scenery by country.

2 Likes

Definitely, I want to continue using it but I’m not sure what’s causing the Issue? To many Addons Perhaps?

Maybe folder / total path names are too long? Once you get to your region containers that’s a pretty long path in all! Add on the actual addon folder names which some can be quite long. Maybe just one or a few are too long and the whole system fails.

I’d try renaming the MSFS Addons folder to just Addons or “Mods” and put it in the root of D Drive. As that seems like a dedicated drive for MSFS (judging by its name) there is no point in burying it 3 layers down?

3 Likes

Also I’ve had weird problems when I get to around 1000 loaded at same time. Make sure you’re under that.

1 Like

I’am not sure, but i think renaming the mod directorys themself is not a good idea (looks nice though).

When I’m at PC tomorrow ill see my structure. But very similar to you. I have all my addons on a separate drive to MSFS.

I’ve been using Add-On Linker since it came out, the only time I’ve seen something similar with the loading bar is an add-on conflict. If I were you I’d start by removing any aircraft and mods, as they’re quite likely to cause potential conflicts.

The other thing to try is in the Add-On Linker tool check for modelib and materials folder conflicts, which you can do from the app.

I just realized, (Brought to my attention by EzRyder over @ Discord that I Build the ADD-ON Linker Structure in the MSFS directory where the Community Folder and Official Folder Lies rather then the Root of the D:/ :man_facepalming:

Example.

1 Like

Oh that’s your game installation folder at D:/MSFS!?

Yea get that Addons folder into root as I suggested and try again. Probably best to disable all Addons first then remove that source in Settings before you move the folder. Then add the new source and tick ‘em all on again.

2 Likes

That was Stupid of me :rofl: LoL

I’m going to Move the Structure over to the ROOT of D:/ and try again, I will also Shorten the Folder name as you suggested just for Measure.

1 Like

Thanks, yes, I’ve ran the Modellib I’ve also done it for the MaterialLibs, placing everything back in the Community folder got rid of the Issue, don’t think it’s an addon issue.

I did notice (mentioned in the post above) that I created the Structure in the MSFS directory where the Community Folder and Official Folder Lies rather than the Root of the D:/ :man_facepalming:

I will fix this now and see what happens

Please let us know how you get on. To me your addons directory looks fine, if somewhat long-winded. I’d shorten those file names, no need to repeat what category the files are.

Been using MSFS Addons Linker since the beginning - with something like 700GB of addons there’s no way I could run the sim without it. To me keeping the addons separate from the Community/Official folders is the whole point. I keep all mine on a separate Nvme drive that I can take with me so I can use them on my laptop if away from base.

2 Likes

Moving the Folder Structure I’ve created for Add-on Linker to the Root of D: seemed to have worked.

2 Likes

Might be a dumb question:
Why do you call the Mods in the Canada folder Canada - BlaBla
and in the France folder France - BlaBla, etc.?

And have you enabled all of the Addons all the time?
This only lengthens your load times.

I use the Ad-On Linker as well and I only enable regions where I am gonna fly.

1 Like

The profiles facility is very useful if, like me, you fly with different scenarios.

1 Like

Before I discovered Add-on Linker, this is how I organized My Scenery, so I know what’s what: for each scenery folder downloaded and extracted from Flightsim.to, I titled it by “Region-ICAO-Name of Airport.”

–So instead of it Looking like this (Lets take Bush Leagues Legend Scenery for Chilko Lake for example)-- :point_down:

Community\stageonelabs-bc03-chilko-lake-ranch-v2.0\Scenery\ (Sub Directories)

It would look like this: :point_down:

Community\ Canada-BCO3 Chiko Lake\Scenery(Sub Directories)

It was much easier to manage it considering everything was titled by region and airport identifier as opposed to having a load of random titled folders inside the community folder.

I don’t plan to keep everything enabled; I’m aware of the loading times, trust me. I’ve always disabled regions of areas I don’t fly to via the Package Manager Utility I was using before I was introduced to Add-on Linker, and I plan to do the same with Add-on Linker.

1 Like

Thanks for answering.
You might want to do a google search for a mass-renamer and rename all the airports to their ICAO number.
This will shorten the path a lot and might fix your issue.

Or you do a binary search for the faulty ones:
Enable half of the canada airports, then check.
Loads? OK, faulty is not in, enable the half of the remaining.
Loads not? OK, faulty is in, disable the half of the enabled.

And so on.

Thanks for the TIP (Sounds Interesting), I’ll look into for sure :100: :+1:

1 Like

Quick Question, to see if anyone can help with this one, as I don’t see anything about it in the PDF, unless I missed it.I run Re-Shade on my Sim, which involves starting the Sim via a BAT file. How do I configure Add-On Linker to launch the Sim via the BAT file so that it injects Re-Shade into the Sim?

I’ve already pointed the add-on linker to injector.exe, as well as to LNM, SPAD, etc, which are written within the BAT file script to launch the injector. I tested whether the add-on linker would launch the injector, but it did not. It started the other programs but not the injector.

I don’t see anything specific about changing the Flight Simulator executable from default to custom within the add-on linker options.