I resisted Little Nav Map, but not anymore!

I just finished a great flight from Brisbane AU to Melbourne AU and Little Nav Maps made a big difference.

I downloaded it this morning, unzipped the files, then ran the EXE.

Upon loading, it asked me a few questions and it looked for MSFS and found it. Once it found it, it asked me if I wanted to include all of the airport data in MSFS to be used in LNM. Heck ya, use it!

It allowed me to make an approach that honestly I would have struggled with if I had not used it. Besides giving me an arrival TOD (Top Of Decent), which almost exactly agreed with MSFS, then I could accurately plan my flight using the last waypoint with a correct heading into my runway. Without the compass headings it provided me I never would have had such a clean approach! I added my own waypoint and it made the turn into the runway a breeze.

I knew I needed something because yesterday I over-shot my approach and there were fifteen other active planes on my PFD. I was under the gun to get it lined up again and fast.

Thanks Little Nav Maps! I had a blast using it and will continue too. I will be sure to pony up some dough to the developer!

I created a new flight plan in MSFS for my next flight and imported it into LNM. Piece of pie’ski. :slight_smile:

We don’t need no stinking VFR Map!

8 Likes

Cool, thanks for letting us know!

2 Likes

If you are having FPS drops when using it, turn off the other aircraft in the navmap settings and that will get rid of any frame drops.

5 Likes

Make sure your download navigraph FMS and update the waypoint data! then do the same for FS2020

3 Likes

How do I do this?

1 Like

I’ll give that a go when I get home. It can get incredibly slow. Is is the refresh interval perhaps? I don’t think LNM has ever been considered quick, but hopefully this will improve things.

It can cause issues as it populates all the parking with aircraft - sometimes 50+ planes at once and it can chug your system. Especially when flying over an area with a number of airports being rendered. When you switch them off it runs absolutely smooth with no noticeable effect of FPS.

1 Like

It s a wonderfull usefull freeware. Dont forget to send a tip to the author, worth it.
All the instructions are very clear, you can easily plan a VFR flight, I am really happy with this soft. It is pinned on my W10 app menu close to MFS. (I am not affiliated blablabla, just enjoy when someone is producing such good software)

3 Likes

I’ve noticed some oddities when exporting a plan from SkyVector. When loaded in to LNM it looks fine, but when exported to MSFS, the route is there, but has an additional line that looks like it joins the departure, and arrival together. If I build the plan in LNM by hand it doesn’t do this.

I’m sure I read on the forums someone else describing this, so will need to search.

1 Like

Thanks also for the tip.

On my system LNM has been using about 5% CPU (don’t know whether that’s high or not to be honest) so I’ll turn off other AC as you mentioned. 5% is not drastic I know but every little bit helps. Either way for me LNM is an indispensable addon and thanks to the developer.

You are a wise man, my friend. LNM rocks! Along with Navigraph, it’s the best MSFS companion app.

Make sure to download the custom maps (Google Maps, US VFR/IFR, etc):

3 Likes

It’s great for planning around the world flights

Does LMN show whatever city/town/village/river you’re flying over? Because that would interest me a lot. Sort of like Google Maps for MSFS?

Yes, I have LNM set up to show just that, also street names. :relaxed:

Yes, it does. It is highly detailed with many different views.

Little Nav Map is a wonderful tool! I´m using it on a second PC with LittleNav Connect.
Unfurtunatly SID/STARS are not support with MSFS at them moment because the developer has no documentation about the changes BGL format in MSFS yet…

But for VFR flying (especially the bush flights) and together with NAVIGRAPH for IFR flying it is really helpful!

I guess shut up and take my money, then!

Where is the option to remove Aircraft? I’m new to LNM. Some of the map layers really lag up the program and I’m trying to minimize those stutters.

It’s free :sunglasses:

Ha … You’re wallet’s in safe hands. It’s freeware.

:relaxed: