I think I have found the fix for CTD when on approach

This fixes the CTD when on approach to certain airports when you have mods installed. Basically the issue is with the “LivingWorld_Config” folder that some airport addons have.
Steps to fix:

1. Go to the Community folder
  2. Search for “LivingWorld_Config” (without the quotes)
  3. Click on the folder that shows up
  4. Click on “Open file destination” button on the upper bar in the Windows Explorer.
  5. Change “LivingWorld_Config” folder name to “LivingWorld Config” (without the quotes)
  6. Open “library.json” file and search for a line that contains “LivingWorld_Config” and also change it to “LivingWorld Config”
  7. Repeat for every “LivingWorld_Config” folder that you find.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

So what does this do?

This fixes the CTD when on approach to certain airports when you have mods installed.

In my case I was getting a CTD when about 7.5 miles away from KBOS on ILS 4R approach. It seems that the cause was this folder name for some reason lol. The reason I found it out was that some folders were already named “LivingWorld Config” and I decided to rename the rest and the CTD stopped. When I changed them back to “LivingWorld_Config” the CTD came back, so I’m certain this is the cause.

My question was more about what effect that has on the sim itself, and not what it is a workaround for.

Living World is not a mod I’ve comes across before.

LivingWorld isn’t a mod it’s a folder that some airport addons have. I think it has something to do with how AI acts in the airport.

As they are releasing a hot fix for the ctd’s it is probably best to leave things alone for now.

1 Like

I started debugging this well before they anounced the fixes. I thought I would share it if someone really wants to play or sth

3 Likes

The hotfix may not fix the issue that your on about so this may still be useful after the fix.

With how they “fixed” metars, I’m not really expecting much at this point lol