I try not to complain much here, but... (Topic Bumping)

I can understand automatically bumping threads that have been inactive for a few months. But I find it annoying to open a thread based on an interesting title, only to discover that the last post minutes ago was a bump notification when the last actual post was two years ago.

If no one has commented on a post after a few months, maybe it’s time to close the thread.

5 Likes

Haha, me too. It can revive some issues that were mercifully laid to rest too, although sometimes it throws up something interesting.

I just avoid the ones that have the official FS icon as the last post as those are nearly always auto bumps.

The auto-bump is on Wishlist topics that are voteable as bumping topics are not allowed by members. As the wishlist is big, the auto-bump was implemented so as to rotate the wishes.

The other auto-bump is in Friends, Clubs & Groups

The auto-bump has assisted the moderation team in finding duplicate wishes as well as clearing out topics in Friends, Clubs & Groups that are no longer active. If you find a wish that has been implemented in MSFS or it’s a duplicate, you can assist moderators by flagging it as “something else” and we’ll look at it for closing or merging.

2 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind.

1 Like

Would make sense to just not get notifications of auto-bumps.

Is that possible?

You can use the ‘bell’ notification to filter out messages. For example, I don’t get notifications for anything that has ‘MSFS2024’ as a tag in it (as the only information I want about that subject are official product notifications).

So I guess you could try different filters on key words or perhaps the official MS account ?! (that doesn’t seem like a good idea to me though).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.