I Want the Best of Both VR Worlds - Ground and Air

I am the type of person who is willing to tolerate some level of stuttering on take-off and landing in order to have the best view possible in the air. After all, that is where we all spend most of our time. However, there is nothing better than a smooth landing and take-off. It seems to me that we should be able to have the best of both worlds. Why not be able to have two groups of settings. One would be for take-off and landings (somewhat lower quality settings) and the other for in the air. The pilot would be able to decide the altitude that would separate the two groups of settings.

Assuming that this will not happen anytime soon, what alternatives do you see? In other words, are there a few settings (maybe 2-3) that can be changed to allow for smoother take-offs and landings without lowering too much the quality for in-the-air time? Which settings do you see as most expendable to accomplish this goal?

This is more or less the approach I’ve been suggesting, with base settings which are trying to get the most of your hardware, and reducing the need to adjusting based on the situation to 2 settings only: Terrain LOD and Clouds:

My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestions (Index - SteamVR)
My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestion (Reverb G2 - WMR)

i almost thought you were wanting to be able to walk around airports and drive around cities you fly into.

But yeah, Lucky has the right idea

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.