I wonder how many problems are self-inflicted?

Same methodology here.
With similar results.

I think there is a fourth - memory leakage on sim rate increase/ slew mode usage

Some were already having issueā€™s before any recent updates but a hell of a lot of the recent complaints are definitely down to recent update.

Until last update I have had a good experience less than a handful of crashes since release and had a pretty smooth performance.
Never changed anything that isnā€™t reversible easily literally only changed any settings within the sim.

I do run overclocks on CPU and GPU but have tested with the sim an run it at a level that doesnā€™t ever crash if I go any further I get crashes. I have tried without the OCā€™s and still see the same issueā€™s since the last update.
Asobo already mentioned they know of a few reasons as to what is causing performance problems for people.

I have only had problems with mods conflicting with mods, once I remove them, the sim works well. I always ask myself, ā€œwhat is their system likeā€ or ā€œwhat mods or ā€˜tweaksā€™ did they apply or do?ā€

I think a lot of us are tinkerers and we just canā€™t help modding and fiddling with things, sometimes until they break. So yes there are going to be a lot of self-inflicted problems. I know Iā€™ve had them in the past (not yet with MSFS though).

Three months now and no CTDs yet. Iā€™m sure it will happen eventually.

Yes. This is another issue for sure. Albeit an easily avoidable one by comparison. Not that it makes it any less valid or important. Itā€™s just not an issue the vast majority of people will encounter under regular flight.

Well, perhaps those doing long haul and accelerating time will see it.

1 Like

Well, in my case itā€™s a 9900K running at stock speeds with Noctua air cooling, 32 Gb of 3200 Mhz RAM, an EVGA 2080ti FTW, and an M2 drive. No mods except those that can be dumped out of the community folder - no tweaked code. And performance problems since the last update. Iā€™ve seen tweak-inflicted problems in the past but this isnā€™t one, at least not in my case.

Hereā€™s something self-inflictedā€¦Iā€™m not going to purchase the Reverb G2 until these major stuttering/sudden frame loss bugs are corrected. I spent a lot of money upgrading my PC (like most of us) to accommodate this Sim and itā€™s already very frustrating. Iā€™m not going to drop another $600 for a full immersion of these issues.

Not even any kind of real update after all of this time, unbelievable!

2 Likes

I too run with no mods. I had a few Liveries and removed them. The only thing in my community is Navigraph. I also use the default NVIDIA settings and pretty much only select global setting in FSXX.

Recently I lowered my FPS to 30 to see if it made a difference, but I really didnā€™t notice much of a difference.

I donā€™t get terrible performance like others, but I have noticed the slow down and stutters introduced with SU3.

Dreadful for you.

Well, I wouldnā€™t say dreadful.

Irritating, yes.

But not one of lifeā€™s major tragediesā€¦ in spite of the way people tend to react on this forumā€¦ :sunglasses:

Thatā€™s the way of this community and others like it. FSX had similar communities and the irritations I had were sometimes not those of those with better systems, computer experience, or, dare I say it, fortune? Lag, stutters, the occasional ctd or bsod were part of the experience for me. Iā€™m dreading the Windows updates waiting for me as something always gets knocked off kilter, especially with this touchy sim.

They have already claimed there are problems.

I have no mods.

Agree. I hold my breath every time thereā€™s a Windows update. Of course, I was doing that long before MSFS - but the sim seems to be a really delicate creature - ready to go unstable if you look at it the wrong way.

Itā€™s like every sim Iā€™ve ever used. Thought we might be done with all that - but that was the triumph of hope over experience.

I venture to say that 80% of issues including ctdā€™s are self inflicted.

Unfortunately, that admission had all the impact of an alcoholic telling you heā€™s got a drinking problem while reaching into a fresh 6-pack and cracking open another beer.

1 Like

I havenā€™t modded a single thing and have had massive stuttering problems after this update.

Same here. Was about to bite the bullet & get the Reverb G2 until SU3. Now i canā€™t trust MSFS to run properly not just after this gets fixed but with any future update as almost every one seems to cause issues.

2 Likes

What data and math led you to this conclusion?

1 Like

Thatā€™s just a guess!
It might be a good guess. It might be a bad guess.
But itā€™s a guess nevertheless.
And sadly it reveals nothing.

1 Like