I would like a single VR view on the monitor

I don’t think it’s possible but I would like a single view on the monitor screen in VR like X Plane and P3d so people can watch as I find the displayed stereo screen annoying.

I wonder if while in VR, displaying the view on the monitor results in lower frames for VR?

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem to cause issues in X Plane or P3d and anyway at the moment it displays a stereo view so it could not be worse to display a mono view , could it?

This would be nice. Then PointCtrl could finally work in FS2020 as well.

1 Like

@MasterlySloth45 Its just how VR was implemented in the game.

If you have oculus.

Just use oculus Mirror. it will give you a single screen to watch.

Find it at: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusMirror.exe

4 Likes

As a future improvement, it would certainly be desirable by many if in VR mode the image shown on the monitor would represent the normal 2D situation on the screen/monitor. It actually makes no sense when the pure 2-eye representation (left & right eye) of the VR glasses is displayed on the screen. Most VR games usually display the 2D situation on the monitor, so viewers in the room would also have it easier to follow the VR view in 2D (e.g. iRacing, various racing sims and many more). I also think that this would reduce resources and system load, which would ultimately benefit the VR experience. I would love to see this suggestion implemented in one of the next updates.

1 Like

I think it would be great if the 2D render could be shown on the monitor but I wonder if this would actually hurt performance rather than help as you think. If the computer must make a calculation to get the 2D situation then it would hurt.

1 Like

Using just one of the VR images would be enough and mostly free.
It’s already generated.

2 Likes

I wont use Occulus as I need a Facebook ac to use it and I don’t want Facebook involved in my life. I use both HTC and HP solutions.

That would be magnificent!

That would be great as then I could record using shadow play.

1 Like

I’m pretty annoyed that they don’t already. Almost every other VR game I have does this natively. Add this to the fact that somehow they make a gorgeous game but don’t include the most basic photo mode or ability to take pictures means for VR users there is no way to capture quality screenshots.

I play this game less simply because I take screenshots when I fly and I’m tired of how much effort it is to set-up each time. I launch an app I found just to do this for MSFS called greenshot, launch flight sim, open steamvr’s vr view, place it on main monitor in full screen, click back on MSFS, set-up flight, click back to vr view and fly with that up to be able to take screenshots. But if I click anything in my second monitor like yotuube I have to click back, or god forbid I need to use a plane control that isn’t bound.

Feels very tone deaf that they skip on these two basic but core features preventing VR users any easy way of taking quality screenshots.

1 Like

Just wanna bump this as having the correct view on monitor would also make streaming a lot easier, esp if you wanted to maybe stream some Reno racing which would make ideal content for videos/streaming.

Maybe I’m missing something, but the windows mixed reality window shows what I’m looking at in a 2d view whilst using vr

Hi I don’t know if anyone cares but why can’t we have a single screen display during VR like most racing VR games can anyone please take this up with the msfs team and the community

1 Like

Really wish this was made possible, a single VR view for VR on the monitor is the most basic wish of all VR titles.

2 Likes

Even just showing one of the eyes as is would be a massive improvement.

3 Likes

I was really hoping for this in SU11 but can we keep voting so that it gets noticed for possible implementation in a future update

2 Likes

I know this is way into the future, but just advice for anyone who sees this… Just make a dummy FB account. You only need it to set up the device then you can forget it.

Hello team,

It could be more powerfull and friendly to display on the main screen the full view instead of the replication of the headset view with the split in the middle.
Like that we can capture more easier the game for some videos or stream and it’s better for external people of the headset to follow our flight throught the montiro.

Thank you to upvote this guys, we need it for streaming/recording more content on the game :).