I9 9900K + RTX 2080 TI = Low FPS ?!?!

Where is the config file located? - using windows store version

What internet speed do you have? People always forget the huge demands and a bad connection can really hurt your performanceā€¦

I had similar issues and did a complete new windows setup from scratch. After installing the release built the second time i am now in the 40ish fps. :blue_heart:

1 Like

is in the hidden files on the disk that Windows is installed on.

user / (user name) / APP data / roaming / microsoft flight simualtor.

open the CFG with the notepad and insert the command on the first line.

Whats the config file called?

Odd as I run at full 4k on I9-9900k and RTX2070 and i get 35fps at 80 rendering and detail sliders at 200. with high and a few ultra settings.

Get us a screenshot of your cpu and gpu usage and the in game graphics settings and will see if can suggest anything.

Found the config file for Windows Store version. For anyone else itā€™s located in: %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Itā€™s called FlightSimulator and itā€™s a CFG file format.

1 Like

Tried the AffinityMask tweak. No difference.

:woozy_face:

Had you tried the right entry?

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=xxxx

1 Like

Yeah. I put [JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=1048572

in the config.

here on facebook 4 people have already reported that they had a significant gain in performance with the mask

Link please :slight_smile:

16GB ram might be creating a bottleneck.

Iā€™m on an i5 with a 1070 and by the sounds of it getting better performance which is odd but I do have 32gb ram?

There seems to be a bit of pot luck with how it performs.

Best thing is to put in a ticket so they know about the issue. Also try the developer console to see if thereā€™s anything causing the issue flagged up.

I donā€™t know what you have but on the calculator it give me affinity mask= 64
How do get those number ?
I have a i5-9600k OC 5ghz

I got the numbers by choosing my cpu cores which are 10.

the file is in the hidden files where windows is installed, this folder of APP data that is in the user

the path goes something like this

User / (username) / appdata / Roming / microsoft flight simulaotor

there you will find the configuration file and then edit the command line putting the mask according to the amount of colors in your CPU.

calculator:

https://www.gfsg.co.uk/affinitymask.aspx?SubMenuItem=utilties

at the end, you will type this command at the top. (open the CFG file with notepad)

and insert
[QUEDULATING WORK]
AffinityMask = n

n = value calculated according to the colors of your CPU

1 Like

Where did you find this entry? QUEDULATING WORK?

Maybe iā€™M doing something wrong but for 10 core it give me 1022

Normally the entry was [jobscheduler] no?

I tried with 255 (all cores assigned) and it did not improve. But using the calculator linked above, it seems I should use 252 instead. How many cores do we have to select and how many leave free?

Canā€™t believe that we are back to tweaking the cfg file like in fsx. What is next? Modify the autoexec.bat?

4 Likes

Are you marking Hyper Threading?

1 Like