Iceland after World Update 5

There is also an Iceland update that works with world update 5 and ORBX mesh and adds stuff like missing trees. https://flightsim.to/file/848/iceland-overhaul

What is the difference from orbix mesh and WU5? If in the latest world update Microsoft used new elevation data, why must I install orbix mesh?

Its up to you to decide if it is worth installing. As its free you can try it and do some comparisons. Same with the Iceland overhaul.

Addon “Iceland_overhaul” is a must-have.
My heart stopped when a whale was breaching right in front of me - plus sweet memories of the C-47 crashsite - and I could even see the Reykjavik outdoor shop where I bought equipment on the cheap (when their currency crashed in 2008). Excellent work.
Hope the SDK allows geysirs & waterfalls soon

There is no “Simulation” category.
But you clearly missed the “Simulator” in the title “Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020”, a name given by, guess who, Microsoft.

Also check this if you’re eager to have a proof:

This morning I installed the Orbx Mesh for Iceland. Loaded up the sim at Egilsstadir(BIEG) and seconds after the plane appeared at the airport the sim suffered a CTD.

I found that I could load up at Keflavik(BIKF) without issues but tried a couple of airports closer to the departure point with also resulted in a CTD.

I have Addon Linker and initially turned off the Orbx Mesh and retested but still received the CTD as soon as the sim opened up to fly.

The only way I could repair the situation was to use the Orbx Central to uninstall the Mesh. Now I have no issues spawning anywhere in Iceland.

Pity, I was looking forward to using the Orbx mesh. Iceland is a beautiful country which is well represented in MSFS but there are some areas that need work and the Orbx mesh would have improved the default MSFS scenery.

just installed the ORBX mesh (manually into community - ignoring all their symbolic link help).
Four flights without CTDs. The mesh gives a slight improvement on some places (e.g. Dettifoss gorge).

The whales: on the selection map you see now 2 Orcas & 2 Blues as jump-off-points in the western & northern seas.

OK my friend let it be Simulator to you and Game to me. Happy? We will call it a Simulation Game