Iceland covered with trees

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

No

Brief description of the issue:

After today’s World Update 15, large parts of Iceland are covered in trees again. This is unrealistic as Iceland barely has any trees, let alone huge forests.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

In this last picture you can actually how it should be on the right, but even that area has too many trees.

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

BIKF, but the whole Reykjanes Peninsula is affected.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Spawn in at BIKF, and head eastwards towards Reykjavik.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

/

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Extra info:

There is a mod on flightsim.to that removes almost all the trees in Iceland. The data for this is actually freely available on the Icelandic Forest Service website, perhaps this could be used to add exclusion zones? The mod still works as of WU15.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Yeah…there shouldn’t be many trees :stuck_out_tongue: I think that the AI is mistaking the vegetation in Iceland for trees; can be easily fixed by adding a polygon and deleting the vegetation. But that’s a lot of polygons

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I just loaded Keflavik default and found myself in the forest lol. Looks like the airport is in a jungle. I’m surprised they didn’t fix that with the two World Updates we had for Iceland.

What’s the best addons to make Iceland more realistic?

Haha yep!

I use these mods to enhance Iceland:

I haven’t used the first mod in a while, but it should still work.

1 Like