Icon A5: Changing Map Data Fields Causes Temporary Freeze

NOTE I forget the name of the little glass instrument in the Icon A5 but I think it’s in several other stock planes so this probably might apply to them as well. I haven’t flown any of these planes in a long time so can’t remember. But I did fly the Icon for the 1st time in about a year last night and encountered this issue, which I hadn’t see before.

ISSUE:
The map display mode has “data fields” in the corners that shown various flight parameters. I wanted to change and rearrange the data shown so I opened the menu, selected “Change Data Fields”, selected which field I wanted to change, and then selected my choice from the list. As soon as I clicked on my chosen parameter, the game totally froze for about 10 seconds. I was just about to pronounce it dead when the game came back to life and continued as if nothing had happened. This sequence repeated every tine I changed a data field.

Anybody else experience this?

Just tried it on my setup, but I can’t reproduce your issue. But I’m glad I found this thread - I never knew you could even do that with the updated avionics. Last time I flew the Icon, those bezel controls were non-functional.

1 Like

Yeah, these little things (what are they, Aeras?) now have all kinds of nifty features they previously lacked. For the Icon, it’s nice to have a VSI at long last, along with an altimeter with more granularity than the steam instrument that only has a needle for thousands in a plane intended to stay at or below 1-2k for the most part (never have understood that). For the CTSL (nee “CTLS”), it now has an attitude indicator for the 1st time ever, and there’s synthetic vision. These virtual instruments were totally lacking before along with, as you mention, any functionality of the bezel buttons. The attitude indicator takes a bit of getting used to because the white horizon line is below the synthetic vision horizon in level flight, but hey, something’s better than nothing.

Anyway, I’m glad you’re not having the same issue I am. I therefore suspect it has something to do with something in my \Community folder, most likely the PMS50 GTN 750. Do you have that particular mod?