Icon A5 Flight model totally broken?!

Just watched this: https://youtu.be/M-tAm5kvTHQ

Specifically from 10:00 min onwards.

Full flaps, 3000rpm and holding aircraft on the ‘white line’ gives a pronounced nose down attitude and a descent of 500fpm.

You can’t even hold 3000rpm unless you completely close the throttles, let alone set less, and if you hold white line you don’t descend.

I think Asobo need to watch this. And the part just before where you can still fly ina full stall, just with 500fpm descent going on.

Another video: from their chief instructor says landing on glassy water, to fly the yellow line with some more power set to get -100 to -150fpm.

You can’t get it to descend in this configuration in this ‘sim’.

Post removed. Very sorry!

I concur. The Icon A5 FM has severe issues I think. The simplest way of showing this is by trying to hold approach AOA for land operations (i.e Flaps up) and see how much trim this takes.

In the game, you need to trim full aft (or a smidgen less).
IRL you trim a couple of notches (on the instrument) aft of T/O trim.

See the attached images for comparison. Both aircraft are roughly in the same conditions: on AOA, in a slight descent. Look at the trim indicator.

The issue here is: what is it in the FM that’s wrong? It’s not the trim: this is just a tell- tale.

And what I just discovered is that the error is only there using “Modern” flight model in the settings. Selecting “Legacy” it all behaves the correct way.

Untitled|690x483

@Really?!

That’s very odd. What are the other aircraft like then if Modern is turned off? Is this something I need to toggle just for flying the icon?

I just tried the A5 in Legacy mode; it still climbs when holding white line AoA with full flap - it should be a nose down attitude as I’m sure you know from owning / flying the real thing.

This ‘sim’ really is just about pretty screenshots isn’t it. :frowning:

I really think Legacy mode is just to aid third party development. In my opinion it should be removed in the sim. Maybe add this option to the Dev mode settings only.

I only used it because TrakDah said that the A5 was perfect in Legacy mode - it isn’t. It’s broken In both modes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.