Icon A5 Synthetic Terrain Since Sim Update 4

The 3D vision on the Garmin unit on the Icon A5 used to always display synthetic terrain, but since Sim Update 4, it only displays artificial horizon. The G1000 has an option to enable synthetic terrain, but there’s no such option I could find in the menus for the Icon A5 Garmin unit. That option should be added.

I always wonder why every update breaks stuff. I don’t understand the programming aspect so I’m sure there is a reason. It’s frustrating for the end user.

2 Likes

For me I don’t see anything was fixed but only broken in each updates.:thinking::flushed:

Same for Flight Design CTLS, dosen’t work

Am not sure if this happen after the 4th SIM update or the 3th, i think that was the liveries that i downloaded, but i remove all, and still the same with the original liveries. Did someone else notice this ?

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Has benn removed.
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No.
Brief description of the issue:
Recently Icon 5 GPS display show no 3d vision when i select it. But runs well before!
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Pushed 3d vision ,it turns to show like the picture above. Pushed again,it turns map show .
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
i7 10700,GTX2080 S ,RAM 32G, WIN10 with latest update.
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Ms store but all updated
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Not yet.

If you have any Working Title Garmin addons, delete them and try again.

Hello @TiringChart4 , @marzbarz551965, @tclayton2k (the only three people on this thread still active in the forums), is anyone still seeing this issue? I am not.

Seems to be working as intended.

1 Like

Thanks! Same here. I’m going to wait two weeks for any of the three people I pinged to say it’s still an issue for them, and if not, I will close this.

Looks good to me too. My only question, since I haven’t actually flown this thing in forever, is… Are there any configuration screens in the Icon?

Thanks; appreciate the help! Sorry I didn’t see this sooner.

Unfortunately, don’t know ; I don’t fly this aircraft too often. I’m going to close this bug in four more days if I don’t hear from @TiringChart4 or @marzbarz551965 saying that it’s still broken for them. So you may want to ask in Aviation, Navigation, Communication.

Closed. Appears to be working. No response from @TiringChart4 or @marzbarz551965.