We’re off to a favorite area of mine for sightseeing flights (especially in VR): Alaska. We’ll fly along the start of the Iditarod Trail, with some excursions around the fjords and into Kenai Fjords National Park.
See you then!
Server: West USA
Settings: All Players, No Traffic
- PAWD Seward Airport » Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS V2 » Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Project Lifts - Chairlifts, Gondolas and Cablecars of the entire World » Microsoft Flight Simulator (although the terrain updates seem to have made this one a bit… off. but still cool to see.)
- World Update 2
- World Update 10
- Bushtalk Radio POIs. These POIs are also on the website, if you’d like to use the Bushtalk Client while you fly around.
- Useful Tools
- MSFS Addons Linker » Microsoft Flight Simulator
- The Bushtalk Radio POIs mentioned above are also on the website. You can the Bushtalk Client to play them (or local radio stations!) while you fly around.
Flight Plan: IditarodTrail.pln (4.3 KB)
Airplane: X Cub (~124 kts) with skis, floats, or standard. (I’ll be in skis to do some touch and goes on the glaciers.)
Weather: High Level Clouds (I prefer without snow besides for landing with the skis, but totally up to you)
Liftoff Time in Sim Time: 7:00pm (3:00am UTC)
Rough flight path: AQY rwy 20 → PAWD; 3500’ most of way, but 5500’ to cross glacier