If any of you doubt just how technically advanced this sim is

Just take a look at the ‘How-To’ guide that MS posted here on the forums, on manual caches. They have thought of everything. I can’t post a link for some reason so you’ll have to find it. But it’s mighty impressive [HOW-TO] Create and Manage Manual Cache Regions

2 Likes

Is this the post you were referring to by chance? [HOW-TO] Create and Manage Manual Cache Regions

1 Like

Yep. No idea why it didn’t work for me: image

Has to do with your forum trust level, you’ll be able to post links soon enough.

Makes sense. I could always be an X-Plane 11 troll / doomsdayer :wink:

We live in a world of instant gratification and a personal bubble where everything must be perfect even the slightest hiccup will prompt the user to make a biased judgment without any technical explanation even when it’s their own fault. It’s sad. For those of us who are patient and understand technology, programming and the time it takes to create a flight simulator are the ones with their eyes open to try different methods to make it work and are kind enough to share the solutions to the community to create an better overall personal experience. MS put alot of effort into it and it’s not going to be perfect. A sim is incredibly complicated and they built this from scratch. New UI everything. Not just something they built on top of FSX. I applaud the team for their hard work and I am looking forward to seeing this sim evolve. It’s a process and some people don’t get it. MS did put together alot of information as in your post but some just don’t want to read. They want a magic fix it button. :rofl:

3 Likes

Like @Ircghost9965 mentioned, moving up to the next trust level should happen pretty quickly after joining. This is in place to prevent spam. I can add the link to your top level post. It is certainly a good reference for setting up the manual cache.

Cool thanks

1 Like

I work at the world’s largest technology research and advisory company, so I am used to talking with professionals who struggle to get even the more routine projects off the ground. I totally see all the potential risks and hurdles that Asobo and MS had to take into consideration when roadmapping this thing out. I was a bit skeptical when they announced it, but when I saw the beta videos on YouTube and then the case study on Blackshark, it makes me realize just what an engineering feat this is. I’m already asking our analysts if they should be doing some research on where this kind of emerging technology could be applied in the real world (GIS, Real Estate etc).

The great thing about something like MS2020 and other next-gen (even current) titles is the crowdsourcing that they can use to continuously improve every aspect of the game to get it that little bit closer to perfect.

1 Like