IF they had TOLD US we needed the XBox App before WU6

However it is pretty well impossible to get the updates without that XBox app. BUT, you DO NOT need that app to fly the simulator. Only to get updates.

PC simmers have dozens of add-ons and connected third party content. The angst over one more tiny application bemuses me.

Sure, not knowing it would be helpful was unfortunate. But people know now. So no more problem surely? :thinking:

The point isn’t that the XBox app is required to install the update, as I personally couldn’t care. Rather that the update process didn’t indicate this, it just didn’t work. I tried 3-4 times before getting frustrated and looking for help.

What legit software company requires their users to search troubleshooting forums online to correctly install an update? Amateurs can do a better job than this.

Clearly there are some serious comm issues between MS and Asobo, as this whole drama screams of the left hand not talking to the right.

I agree this is as much about the comms as it is about the tech.

1 Like

SU6 is perfect!!! I swallow and eat all my words about SU5. I was wondering a rollback to SU4, I’ve even already lost my faith; but now I beg you DON’T TOUCH SU6. Leve It as It is right now. I am very happy now, and each dollar spent in Flight Simulator are coming back in the form of enjoy. now Xbox App is welcome.

1 Like

I don’t know which aircraft you are flying, but there’s still a lot wrong with many aircraft and e.g. starting up the TBM from cold & dark is very annoying.
If Asobo wouldn’t touch MSFS anymore I would most likely uninstall it.

SU6 was i big improvement, but it’s still far from being perfect.

Sorry to hear that. I am agree with you, certainly I tested only with two aircrafts: Cessna 172 Skyhawk and Boeing 747. I should say Perfect with my specific VR Settings, specific objects and terrains. Without any Community Sim Objects different from Asobo or Microsoft. But more than that “Perfect in contrast to SU5”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.