If you are thinking...Corsair

If your thinking about buying the FG1D Corsair, get it from the developers websight. On the MARKETPLACE, same price, NO WARNING,. I feel cheated! You do NOT get the following:

21 HD liveries †
Optional cockpit weapons systems *
Selection of weapons configurable via custom chart-board utility *
Accurately modelled armament mass-loss on weapons discharge *
Gun flashes *
(† some liveries not available in MSFS2020 Marketplace version)
(* not available in MSFS2020 Marketplace version)

2 Likes

The Marketplace doesn’t allow bang bang guns. Common knowledge.

3 Likes

Common knowledge… Among those who have that knowledge.

You can’t know what you don’t know, and there’s no documentation on the Marketplace that says this. There’s lots of new people to MSFS every day who don’t have this knowledge…

BTW, that does happen to be something I think about a lot… “Corsair!” :wink: :smiley:

4 Likes

I am sorry you did not know this. The other issue why others prefer buying directly from the developer’s web site is that Microsoft does not get a cut of their profits and updates are a lot more timely, because they do not have to wait weeks for the Marketplace. For example, the Wilga has been available for a month on the developer’s web site, but it is still not in the Marketplace.

1 Like

Should be the subtitle of this forum :wink:

2 Likes

One approach you could try is to “Submit a Request” to Zendesk from the Support tab at the top of the page for a refund.
I would explain as you have mentioned above, that the package does not contain what is advertised in the Marketplace, and see what happens.
No guarantees, but it is worth a try!

Always been a fighter jock since Jane’s F18 was released 20+ years ago (RIP to my squadron, VMFA 323 Death Rattlers!).

What’s the allure in MSFS though if I can’t get a confirmed kill?

The Marketplace is a contrary Marketplace in that it promotes Tom Cruise and his War Machine while professing to be a pacific platform.
Hey,… Not to worry as,… “It’s all about the Flying”.

4 Likes

Wait… they won’t allow guns but they do allow horror (insert horrorshow mod names here).

You always get one don’t you? Naming no names (saltash53) . At least there are some sensible replies here.
BTW:

1. selling a product that is not complete but not informing the custoner is a lie by ommision and fraudulent and therefore is contrary to UK law.
  2. Let alone charging full market price!.
  3. Microsoft’s inclusion of the Top Gun scenario and allowing war birds to be sold is blatant double standards.
  4. I will seek a refund and in future buy direct from third party seller.
  5. Will report this to UK’s Trading Standards Authority

HAPPY FLYING!

2 Likes

Hence why I always hated Trivial Pursuit because the random garbage questions are things I had 0 interest in retaining in my knowledge even if I ever heard it or knew it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

OT I know, but it has to be said. Why would I know that the Marketplace aka Microsoft are pasivists? This company worldwide has produced Windows, which in turn allows game clients to sell the most horrific, bloodthirsty, gorey, maiming and death dealing games and then, in RL a kid picks up a gun, goes to a school and mows down loads of other kids and in his defence was doing it to carry out his gaming fantasy

It would be cool if there was a download from the Milviz website that provided the additional liveries and model changes for the Marketplace version. Maybe there is?

Some of the official Asobo Reno aircraft depict weapons and non-functional weapons controls, including generic, non-real world aircraft. So I’m not sure what the actual rhyme or reason is behind this rule.

Hey, best of luck with both of those! Let us know how you get on.

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with pacifism. It has everything to do with their E for Everyone rating, which has certain rules to obtain it.

I agree, however, unless you know to ask that particular question, it’s not obvious they can’t sell aircraft with weapons on them, but that you can purchase aircraft with weapons directly from developers.

But then again, if Microsoft wrote down all the disclaimers and information that’s important to know, the document would be just as often read as any given set of rules and regulations document you agree to all over the internet.

1 Like

The Marketplace should have stated in the sales pitch that these items are not included. The omission is purely to increase sales. Taking the stance they are enforcing makes it questionable that purchases direct from the developers is being allowed.

I don’t understand. Direct purchases from developers is allowed. E for Everyone is for Microsoft products only. Everything sold in the Marketplace is sold by Microsoft, and everything sold by Microsoft conforms to the E for Everyone rating, therefore, they can sell MSFS as E for Everyone. If you modify it by buying 3rd party software, that is the customer’s responsibility for what software is installed on their computer.

As long as nothing in the description and sales material from the Marketplace shows the weapons, they are selling what they say they are selling, and they don’t have to say anything about what configuration of the software might be if you were to buy it elsewhere.

That’s like complaining that the car you bought at one dealership doesn’t have the same configuration as one you saw at a different dealership. It’s up to the user to do their research on anything they purchase, anywhere.

Sorry, it’s just the way things are.

That’s one reason why everything from the Marketplace goes to the OneStore directory, and all 3rd party software goes in the Community directory. There are other reasons, but that’s one.

I understand what you are saying but, as a senior citizen, I have no concern for ratings. E.g. if I see a trailer of a movie which I like the look of, I go to see it. I have no need to check the rating. Therefore It would have been good PR for the missing elements to have been pointed out in the description. I would not have purchased that particular item if I had been informed. But PR is not Microsoft’s strong point. All this just means if I purchase from the Marketplace (unlikely) in the future, it would mean closer scrutiny, of the product with the knowledge that Microsoft is not honest and loyal to their customers.

EDIT: I have had a reply to my ticket regarding this. Nothing about ratings.I quote:

By design, Microsoft Flight Simulator do­es not include worki­ng armament or enable deliberate acts of violence on official content (stock and 3rd party content purchasable on the ma­rketplace). At its core, Microsoft Flight Simulator is a fli­ght simulator. There is currently no plan to introduce combat simulation.

So, still not pacifists?