IFR Flight Plan initial route on MFD not showing

I’ve just started seeing what I believe is a problem with IFR flight planning and would appreciate some input. Used to be that I could setup a low-level IFR flight on the World Map with an approach (i.e., RNAV34), and when I got in the cockpit and turned on the MFD, the entire route would be displayed on the map. Now, I am only seeing the approach route - there is no magenta route line extending from the departure airport to the first waypoint. If I delete the flight plan using the MFD Menu, then set it up again using the MFD FP button, the entire route is displayed just I am used to seeing. I’ve attached screen grabs of each flight plan as seen on the MFD. Thanks.

Hi N343AM,

I am having this same problem and have been having it for months. Any fixes? I see that no one responded to your post.

I like to fly the C172 with an IFR flight plan and use the sim ATC…but ATC is broke and now the Garmin 1000 MFD does not show the entire flight plan…some flight plans work ok but most are broken???

With all the updates and two years later, why hasn’t Asobo/MS fixed ATC??

Although I still experience the issue, I have found a solution. Highlight the first waypoint, press the “Direct To” button, then press Enter twice. That will restore the route line to that waypoint and the rest of the flight plan will still be there. Also, check out Pilot2ATC. Until BeyondATC is released next year, this is a pretty nice program for near-realistic ATC.

1 Like

Thanks…very helpful! Oh,sorry, my original post should read THREE years later.not two.

Great tip.

I tried it on the CJ4 where the FMC shows the first waypoint as a discontinuity.

Click “Dir” and then click the waypoint following the discontinuity
and it will start the flight plan with that waypoint and keep the rest
of the plan intact.

You can also click the following waypoint and then click the
discontinuity to replace it.