IFR flight Pula - Salzburg DA62

Hello all,

what a fantastic next flight today. Very poor weather (looks Online weahter functional +/-) over Alps with very strong wind and turbulence. Little icing was there but DA62 de-icing system worked ok, didn’t see any problems. Very good flight again, shame due weather not Alps visible but flight in FL160 was perfect as training with more things to solve.

2 Likes

Hi!
How exactly are you operating DA62 de-icing system In FS2020? I have experienced challenges with DA62 not been capable to de-ice the aircraft aside from windscreen. I have read the real life manuals of Diamond in regard to de-icing functions, yet it seems what ever I do ice keeps building up and existing ice won’t disappear.
I have hard settings. I have tested the plane in varying icing conditions from severe to light icing. The same challenge keeps occurring.
Ilkka

Hi,

I use standard procedure, if OAT goes near 0 degC I set Pitot Heat ON. Due lower temp OAT I set on left De-Ice panel Normal or high Flow, have set manual timer for cyclical Windshield de-Ice (every 5 min f.ex.) with manual button press. I understand that De-Ice system does it’s work with engine, winshield and wings edges, fuselage and other parts are not de-iced in my opinion, only relevant parts. With this my system no problem with speed in flight, if some problem I see I set high Flow. Next typical comfortable settings are cockpit temperature set and defrost in case, all in near Parking brake position.