IFR Navigation Lessons Bugged (ILS Approach) (NDB Basics)

@CapturedSilver0 Are you sure that this a bug and not part of the training session to be able to set the correct ILS course?

@PZL104 This is definitely a bug, the lesson doesn’t give any information about which approach is being flown or what course to set, I had to use sim charts to figure out where the nerest airport was and get the approach information from there.

1 Like

Exactly my prob.

Hi @kidcasco
I’m doing SU15 beta testing right now so I can’t go back and test the last release version of the sim, but if you’re using the non-beta version, you should be able to get the training missions to work by using the workarounds I discussed in several places of this thread.
BUT, the good news is, I went back and looked at the NDB and ILS training missions in the most current beta, and both of them appear to be working correctly without having to do anything abnormal.
In the NDB mission, the NDB pointer was already there when I opened the mission, and in the ILS lesson the plane was picking up the ILS signals without having to change frequencies.
The current projected release date for SU15 is 26 March, so you can either use the workarounds, move into the beta test for SU15, or wait until the release of the SU with the fixes in it.
Regards

I’ve been running into this issue with ALL LATEST updates from within MSFS202 (as of 2024-04-28).

I found that if you just “click” on the CDI button as if you wanted to change the course, it’ll just automatically set it to correct value
 i.e.

Then it the rest of the training seems to work as it’s expected
 I think!

Bugs seems to be corrected now with the latest update. Thanks