IFR Navigation Lessons Bugged (ILS Approach) (NDB Basics)

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes

Brief description of the issue:

When starting out ILS approach lesson, the plane’s HSI does not display correct course to follow ILS for landing. Another lesson that has a bug is the NDB Basics lesson. NDF needle does noto display in the HSI to guide you on the correct course.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

IFR Nativigation Lessons (ILS Approach) (NDB Basics)

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

After Texas cities update.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

@RobertHG93
Quick question about your ADF issue. Did you select “ADF” from the bearing 1 (or you can also use Bearing 2 set to ADF if you want to for some reason) softkey? Otherwise the ADF indicator won’t show up, which is normal.
Regards

Partially. See my question about the NDB issue. The ILS has some issues.

The setup you should start with when the session starts is shown on the opening page for that mission:

The course and course indicator should start at 262 degrees, which it did when I tested in a free flight with an ILS27 approach selected in the WM. Note that the Nav freq shows “ISG” indicating the ILS at that airport.

However the actual starting position setup is:

Note that it starts on a course of 180 degrees rather than the correct course. Also note that the correct nav freq is set in, but the “ISG” is not shown. Not sure if that’s what’s causing the course to not be set set correctly at startup, although the ILS actually works correctly once the correct course is set. (The approach worked fine when I set up an ILS 27 approach in the WM and flew it).

On a separate note, when I completed the mission, I got a “great job” but then the follow-on voice message was messed up. I got an incorrect voice/screen message something like blah, blah, underscore, blah, underscore, blah. I didn’t catch it quick enough to get a screenshot of the message, but the voice read it as it was incorrectly shown.

No i have not tried this. But you didnt need to click on anything before during this training, it would all be loaded in for you from the start

1 Like

I suspect when they did “whatever they did” to this flight overall, someone forgot to set up the ADF indicator already being selected on the bearing softkey. In any case, there are some things wrong with this training session and needs some attention!
Regards

Anyone experiencing an issue with these missions?

I had a similar problem. It dissapared when I resettled the default options in the assisted options (all assists)

I am having precisely the same issues with the NDB and ILS missions. I’m running on the Xbox Series X. And update?

Same issue for me. I made a request to the support for this situation. Check my posts.

I think we got sidetracked into another thread where we figured out the issue. But the way to make the ILS lesson work is to swap the nav 1 frequency to the standby frequency and then back to the active frequency again. At that point the ILS will work correctly. So just hit the swap freq button twice and it will get the signal. That will work until they fix it.
Regards

sorry for that. Thanks

No problem. It is a bug, because the right frequency is correctly set in Nav 1 when you start, but for some reason the plane isn’t “receiving” it, so you shouldn’t have to do the “workaround” noted above. We’ve submitted a bug report on this issue.
Regards

I think there is a good workaround to do with the IFR navigation module because it is tough for a newbi like me who try to understand those basic exercices. Starting the exercice during the flight don’t give alote of chances to stabilise the plane because the instructor speak at the beginning and give a bunch of instructions but… the plane is already in action at 4000 ft. So, when you realize the plane is already losing altitude, you stop listen the instructions and you try to regain the 4000 ft altitude. So, my exercice is in catch-up mode most of the time.

In addition, the instructions given by the instructor happend often too late and I am still in catch-up mode.

Because of these above, I have to do those exercices many times before getting used to. The help of the instructor could be much more improved for this module.

MSFS running with Xbox serie X

Hell0
I Notice a bug in Flight Training IFR
In Training NDB and ILS Approach
When i Restart Test, NDB Not Appears ou the Indicator LOC 1 in ILS Approach is wrong, it’s not pointing in the right direction at all
Only when i restart the test
Do you have the same problem ?

Tank you by advance for your reply
Philippe Ringuet

You might check out the thread below for discussions and workarounds for these issues.
Regards

you can check this post too.

I got the NDB needle to show up one time in the exercise. I don’t know what I did to make it show up. I’ve not been able to make it show up again. Someone one mentioned changing the radio channel to a different frequency. How do you do that? Has anyone found a solution to the issue?

Hi @DonnieB6798
The changing frequency thing was related to the ILS lesson plan.
If the blue ADF pointer is not showing up when you start the lesson, press the “PFD opt” button, and then push the “bearing 1” until “ADF” shows up right above the bearing button and the blue ADF pointer displays. (Note: you might have to hide the yoke so you can see that button!)
Hope that helps.
Regards

well… still no correction with the latest update 1.35.21.0 Hope something will be done in the futur or maybe with MSFS 2024. Who knows!

When flying the ILS Approach training lesson the ILS course is set to 180 degrees

the approach is into Sumburgh EGBP Runway 27 which should have a course of 262 degrees

Course

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template: