IFR NDB basics training

I just want to say a very big THANK YOU to this. I have been unable to complete the IFR training for months because of this and I searched high and low for what could be wrong with my system and installation because the HSI and cdi never showed up for the IFR training modules. I was about to pull my hair out and actually put down the game for a while because of this problem. I removed the G1000 NXi from the content and magically it showed up.

Thank you a million times.

1 Like

Wrong, I have to set up the Garmin and put it in the correct mode and FAST or the plane tracks off direction and heighth while trying to find those buttons. And even then, in the NDB training, I flew for 20 minutes on HDG 180 which was the only instruction I got. After 20 minutes and the NDB arrow pointing directly behind me did I get this message:

“Where are you going?”
Then a failure screen for the end screen…
I flew at 4000 feet at HDG 180 without any variance of line and that was my reward! “Failure”

I guess I will stick to VFR on calm sunny days! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your post. I have been trying to do that training for months and I did not realize I had the nxi mod installed.
After reading your post I was able to go through the training in 5 min.

Big thx… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trying these IFR tutorials now. I usually get a C or B on most of these tutorials. But I got an A on the NDB tutorial despite not having the needle showing. :frowning:

I hated these when I first started and I still do, lol. The instructor is more judgy than helpful.

1 Like

Still this bug, not get any tips what to do. :frowning:
But get B when just fly airfield. :+1:

Oldradar is correct… This happaned to me aswell… Had to google it… plus id doesent tell me to change heading to the right… Bleh

This also happened to me and this occurs if we don’t perform actions fast enough before reaching the NDB bearing and going through on the HDG 180, so it will be behind us at this time.
I also confirm we should disable the NXi for a proper usage of this lesson. Now that the NXi have been available through the Marketplace already since a while, I’m wondering if Asobo and NXi Teams wouldn’t be able to work together, to avoid these well-known issues and make lessons like NDB / VOR Basics easily achievable, when the NXi is installed and enabled ???

Can confirm. Tried 7-8 times with the tutorial essentially hanging with me flying direct S 180. Even if i manually switched the ADF on

Deleted the Garmin G1000 NXi and the tutorial worked as expected the very next time. Can we highlight @MikeB54331 's post above as an answer to this ‘issue’?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.