Il-103 Add-on

There is a ready to fly Il-103 add-on from Sergey Golosov. If he gets 100 likes he is going to publish a link to his add-on. The reason for the links is that he is working on another model (Il-114) and wants to concentrate on that model, and Il-103 may need some additional work if the people request (he himself is happy with the model in her current state). Please check this video of his model and consider yourself.

5 Likes

To clarify, if Sergey gets 100 likes on the linked YouTube video, he’ll add the link to download the model.

Checked out the video and it looks pretty good! Definitely different than the GA planes we’ve got now. Super-easy to hop over and “like” the video – hope to see the model out soon! He’s only at 21 right now.

Topic moved into #gd-interests:aircraft

The Content Creator subcategory is for posting of video content that you created rather than a video created by others.

See rule #2:

Nice aircraft, it is worth to vote for it

Come on gentlemen, it’s free, click on the like video

Gotta say, it looks and sounds nice. Seems like a no-brainer.

edit: if the 103 is this nice, I can’t wait for that 114 he’s apparently working on. Love me some Soviet aircraft.

Come on gentlemen, it’s free, click on the like of the video, only 54 likes are left

Tank you, the reason I posted it here was that somehow I was not able to find the link to “General Discussion” and other more suitable places. There were no for me such a category btw “Aircraft&Avionics / Beta” and “Community Support” to my surprise:)Today I can see again this category.

1 Like

I’m spreading the word on other forums and community. Kind of frustrating that the author is going through these hoops rather than just releasing it on something like flightsim.to but whatever. Hopefully we’ll see it.

I liked it. Waiting to see what happens! Love the oddball stuff.

Well, there is the link under the new video. He calls this “alpha”. Installation to the Community folder.

Thanks. “Sergey Golosov”

I am not Sergey:))) I just know him since he worked on a Li-2 model for FSX, I helped him to find some materials and docs.

1 Like

Can you ask him if he is planning additional (and cleaner) repaints such as the standard white/blue one (which I think was the prototype).

I like the good work on the II 103 and thank you for giving us the opportunity to see this plane and try it out. Without you we would not know it and it is very good work.“CommonBloom31”

1 Like

I thought it would be a good idea to share this with the community:

Sergey Golosov has developed and released a very nice version of the IL-103 and it can be downloaded as a freeware. The link to download was provided by the author in the following youtube video so I’m linking to the video.

It can also help as a tutorial on how to operate the plane.

For a freeware I think it looks very nice!

3 Likes

It’s up on Flightsim.to now as well!

1 Like

Darn pretty for freeware. Post-Soviet Russian GA aircraft aren’t exactly over-represented in MSFS, so it’s an interesting diversion. Flies well, and certainly “well-worn” in appearance.

Currently in “pre-Alpha” and the author is working on an IL-114 turboprop airliner as well.

2 Likes

Pretty neat - I gave her some rounds. The modeling is pretty good, there is just some things which clearly proof it to be an alpha build:

1. No emissive meshes on the exterior, all lights are dark besides the small effects spot
  2. No custom flight model - it seems to be the one of the C172 without CFD and minor tweaks maybe. One can see it in Dev mode that it’s a high wing design. I changed this for my own use to something reflecting the geometry of the aircraft and adjusted some values.
  3. Incomplete tooltips - this means hard times for people not used to Cyrillic :wink:
  4. Some other configuration related things I already fixed and pointed to the author (like ATC and ICAO values)

It’s a pretty darn nice looking and something different aircraft! It looks like it was designed in the 50s to show some aircraft of the future, a bit art deco but ctually it’s built in the 90s :wink:

1 Like

To translate from Cyrillic, there is a mobile phone app that I use and it works very well with the camera translates instantly, google translate.

1 Like