ILS capture not working

Steam
No Developer mode

On any plane, ILS does not capture since SU8.
I have Navigraph, tried uninstall and re-install, does not work.
Tried empty communiity folder, no navigraph installed, check update version is correct.
Any ideas?, seen various other posts but no solution.
ILS indicates OK but planes does not follow loc or gs paths.
Can consistently repeat.

Any marketplace addons?
Are you using any plug-ins like Little Nav Map, etc?
What aircraft have you experienced this with?

So far, since SU8, I have had the ILS not capture on the B787, A330-900 and the CRJ. Various airports. MS store version, high end PC. I had no ILS problems in these a/c prior to SU8. Additionally, in the B787 the AT (auto throttle) becomes inop at some point in each flight. Stops working and won’t re-engage. The associated panel light begins a faint, rapid flickering.

1 Like

No add ons except Fsuipc. This happens with all planes that have an ILS capability. I have Flybywire A320 and the CRJ and they also have the problem.

I also see the same. No capture of the ILS in the B787. This is after SU8. It worked before.

So you have an add on installed .Why not trying to uninstall FSUIPC and fly?See what happens
I only fly with Asobo A320 and have no problems.All ILS are there duly engaged on approach.

Empty Community folder = all add ons removed. The fault still occurs on all the native planes including the A320 NEO

FSUIPC really isn’t an addon.
It resides outside the sim structure.
It shouldn’t cause that, it’s just a control interphase.
I have it and experience no issues.

Try this:
Go to the Official, One Store folder, and delete the “fs-base-nav” folder.
Start the sim and see if the rcompiled nav works any better.

I fly mostly the CRJ900 and have had no ILS capture issues. Everything the same as it was before SU8.

I have the same issue since SU8.Tried with A32NX, TBM930 and CJ4. PC-version (MS Store).

Ditto. FBW320 works but CRJ7 is a total mess after since SU8. Has all kinds of problems with NAV and ILS. All of this started with the SU8 beta for me.

No ILS capture on the TBM since SU8.

I can’t speak for many of the aircraft since I don’t fly them right now, but the CRJ 900/1000 NAV and ILS both work. The ILS I’ve seen an issue intercepting it once. I generally find that intercept angle has to be reasonable say <30deg or it may have issues. Many flightplans have you coming in at a bigger angle than that and doing tight turns for an ILS intercept which rarely works.
I usually switch aircraft to heading mode, take a wider swing at the approach and pick up ILS at an angle <30deg. Works every time. Nav source should be set to LOC1 from FMS1. Glideslope I find trickier, but if you are under neath it and travelling at the correct speed then it too will lock on.
I fly the CRJ all the time so have done numerous IFR flightplans in NAV, and ILS landings since SU8 came out.

1 Like

I have had the ILS fail on a few flights since the last update. This is in the CRJ. The ILS simply does not go live. I just tested the Asobo Caravan and the ILS works fine.

If it’s an angle problem, people would have also had problems before SU8

But maybe something changed in SU8 that makes them harder to intercept? Don’t know. It can very subjective depending on when and where you engage APPR mode, but I’ve not encountered too many that I haven’t been able to lock on to.

For me when I hit the LOC button I find the AP makes it do all kinds of stupid stuff, mostly turn around and go the opposite direction I need to go lol

Make sure the ILS feq is set

Posting in the background - https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/autopilot-ils-apr-mode-stopped-working-on-172-tbm-at-least/486950/23
and last post…
"Now it confirmed without any doubt. I uninstalled the sim. Installed from scratch to a new directory (12 hour download). Did not install any addons whatsoever. Did not download anything from the content manager, nor even the microsoft stuff.

The APR mode is completely and utterly broken exactly as described above. Reproducible every single time.

Simply cannot do autopilot ILS approaches with any aircraft unless I do VS mode (manually sticking to the GS by adjusting VS constantly)

Removed any doubt that the problem has anything to do with a third party or any of my software setup. The sim is broken and no one from Asobo is paying any attention whatsoever to the forums or responding to tickets files on their bug tracking tool.

For me, MSFS 2020 is now officially a VFR-only sim. Switching to X-plane for all IFR.

This is a very sad day for me as I have been with the FSX / P3D / MSFS 2020 platform for nearly 20 years. But it has become so buggy that I cannot fully enjoy is any longer and need to start investing in something else."

2 Likes