ILS frequency etc

Hi. Is there any way, while flying, of looking up approach types and frequencies for airports you are flying near to. Or do we simply need our own charts? Hope not. Cheers

5 Likes

One option is through an fmc of an aircraft otherwise you’ll just have to use SkyVector.

Ok great. I’ll try sky vector. Cheers

1 Like

I usually use this site: https://apxp.enif.uberspace.de/airport/EHAM/

EHAM is just an example.

3 Likes

https://navigraph.com/index.html

2 Likes

Side note: Majority of Navigraph must be paid for.

SkyVector is nice since it’s free and has a wealth of information for airports including airport charts, STARS, SIDS, approaches, etc. It’s my first choice. I always used it with X-Plane. Good 'ole X-Plane…it’s gathering dust now.

1 Like

Was just checking out sky vector. It’s good but the charts just seem to be for North America. The other link given above with EHAM as an example is just what I was looking for. Thanks everyone!

the “VFR MAP” from the inflight menu should be improved to provide those details, like at free-flight map, there should be click to tune shortcuts too.

3 Likes

is there a free side like skyvector where you can see all the Approach charts?

Skyvector is great, but where are the ILS frequencies ?

I don’t see the ILS frequencies ?

right click on an airport and hover over the name of it
or put the airport in a flight plan and hover over the name

skyvector is good for the usa

for the rest of the world i would just suggest getting a navigraph subscription, then you have the whole world in one place.

1 Like

They should be in the sim somewhere, but I just google the ILS frequencies on my phone when required, or set them in advance at the start of the flight, use GPS and switch over to NAV on finals

Hello all,

all required infos like Airport info, runways, comm freq, NAVs included ILS freq. are inside G1000 or GPS. All is available there as real, you don’t need use any charts that are not same timed as DB inside FS. If you have payware charts, thats another thing but also users without charts can find all required inside NAV device like G1000 or GPS generally. Pls take more minutes to be inside GPS problematic and known your aircarft well, then you can’t be in trouble.

Important: take that web sites as Skyvector and similar as required backup for sure, not that one what you need for nav now in FS.

its worth noting that just having the ils frequency isn’t how you fly an ils approach. you need the chart also.

It’s very unfortunate that all this data isn’t also available on the V-key-popup-map

1 Like

Agree but gives situation you’re on air and don’t have, just situation. You think that you can’t continue landing your bird? Try that inside sim with my recommendations, on other side, in real life you’re not alone and simple Preflight breefing and other steps are required :slight_smile:

yeah it will work in an emergency :slight_smile:

Not sure if Skyvector shows ILS frequencies and final approach courses… :thinking: An IFR map in FS2020 would be helpfull indeed.