ILS not working correctly since SU9 (XBox)

Hello everyone.

Since SU9 came out ILS has stopped functioning for me at a number of the airports I have used in the past. It’s been working as you’d expect since the release on XBox, to summarize what I am running into:

• In the flight planner, after selecting an IFR flight plan, sometimes the arrival airport menu drop down only shows “automatic”, when it would typically give me a list of runways to choose from. This seems to be intermittent and doesn’t happen all the time.

• When I am able to choose an ILS approach, after starting the flight the ILS frequency isn’t programmed into the flight computer like it normally would be. Also, I get visual vectors on approach to the airport from ATC, almost as though even though ILS is selected its just using a VFR flight plan. I good example of this is KFAR ILS 18 – if I select this in the planner like I’ve done a large number of times in the past with no issue, I end up with visual approach and no ILS frequency entered.

I have no idea why this is happening now all of a sudden, and I was curious if anyone else has seen this issue just pop up recently after the update. I know we have a CTD issue that is happening in the map screen with XBox which I hit often, and the A320 MFD freezes during flight, maybe that’s related? I’m not sure.

Thanks in advance for any responses all.

2 Likes

Same. All my ILS flights would never have the frequency entered into the MCDU. Even if I looked up the proper frequency and entered it, I would never complete the landing properly. Usually ending up circling around at the last waypoint before I should be picking up the localizer.

The database has been mucked up by SU9 IMHO.

1 Like

I am an Xbox Series X user.

ILS is not working at many airports since SU9.

I tried to check all the airports in my part of Japan, but I lost my energy just checking Hokkaido.

There are 9 airports with ILS in Hokkaido.
However, only five airports have functioning ILS.

WAKKANAI Airport(RJCW)(RWY08).
ASAHIKAWA Airport(RJEC)(RWY34).
NEW CHITOSE Airport(RJCC)(RWY01L, RWY01R, RWY19L, RWY19R).
MONBETSU Airport(RJEB)(RWY32).
These four airports have broken ILS.

For some time now, there have been airports where the ILS frequency was not automatically entered in the IFR flight plan, or where the wrong ILS frequency was entered, but there were no problems if the correct ILS frequency was manually entered.
However, since SU9, there are a number of airports where ILS does not work even if the ILS frequency is entered, regardless of whether it is entered automatically or manually.
ILS landings on VFR flight plans are also broken.

I doubt that each SU has more destruction than correction.

Thank you.
I use the translation.

Hi,

I have the same problem with ILS on many airports in Germany (i. e. EDDH). I have a Xbox Series X and ATC switch everytimes to visual approach. :frowning:

Oh, thanks. I thought I was doing something wrong somewhere!

ILS in the A320 was a breeze, beforehand. I just flew 4hrs to Dubai and I ended up having to hand the controls to my co-pilot because it was so messed up!

This is also a PC problem IFR is broken

I definitely see this issue.

I set up an IFR flight into KCNO and it was very low visibility conditions at night. It looked like heavy fog at pretty low altitude.

I got assigned a visual approach, which should not have been the case given the conditions and ILS is available at KCNO.

Other flights I’ve had, I’ve been getting visual approaches assigned moments after take off.

Something seems quite off, because none of this sort of thing was commonplace before SU9 and now it’s happening more often than not.

1 Like

Yes, me too. I thought I was going mad.

This is what I just posted to an Xbox Facebook group.

Hi everyone. I have a semi newbie question. Up until a few weeks ago if I was flying IFR with an ILS approach in the A320 (or 787 etc) I would……

1. Go to the map and select departure gate and airport arrival gate.
  2. Select low/high altitude airways
  3. Select the ILS I wanted to use on arrival, ie; ILS03L. You would see the approach path on the map.
  4. Go Fly
  5. All the information would be loaded into the systems computer and I would fly. Receive atc climb/descend and get an intercept on the ILS.

Now….

Go through steps 1-3
The map just shows a direct line to the airport. No ILS approach path.
The flight plan loaded flys me to the airport. No descent, no approach. Just overhead the airport.

I am totally confused as to what I am doing wrong or what is happening. It used to be perfect……

Really hoping for some help.

Many thanks in advance.

1 Like

Is this still an issue? Had the same problem thinking I did something wrong setting things up. Havent played in awhile because of all the issues in the sim

Now that I have tryed to fly ILS today I find out that ILS does not work even though I have filled in everything correctly in the flight planning. That’s why I visit the forum today to see if more people noticed this.
The purple diamonds do not appear and there is no ils indication in the display.
Today I landed at Nagasaki Airport (RJFU) Runway 32 and Rotterdam Airport (EHRD) Runway 24.
ILS did not work at both airports.

2 Likes

I have the same issue.

I think I found the solution.
I had some files in the community folder. I moved them to a temporary folder to be able to put them back later if I need them.
Then started FS2020 and clicked on General Options then selected: Data. There I set Rolling Cache OFF and I clicked the button “Delete Rolling Cache”.
Then the entire Rolling Cache will be cleared.
After that I closed FS2020.
Then I started FS2020 again. I turned the Rolling Cache back on via General Options > Data. And a Rolling Cache Limit set to 20 GB. Then a new Rolling Cache space is created. Then I stopped FS2020 again and then started it again.
ILS works again perfectly.
I’m happy; the purple diamonds and other ILS markings on the Primary Flight Display (PFD) are back and ILS is back to normal!
I hope to have helped others with this.

1 Like

I didn’t know the X-Box had a community folder?

Glad you got it working though

Today it worked well for me without doing anything.

MODERATOR EDIT:
Urgent update of the ATC of the xbox urgent it does not have AI online, does not have a flight realism

Atualização urgente do ATC do xbox urgente ele não tem IA online ,eles tão pecando com isso não tem uma realismo de voo

It turns out to me that everything is not working again as I would expect and as I have said before.
I flew to EBBR and ILS worked as it should (see picture) and I thought the problem was solved.
I entered Nagasaki again today and found out that ILS still doesn’t work even though I filled in everything correctly in the flight planning in the WORLD MAP.
It also appears that ILS has not been entered at all in the Flight Management Computer (FMC) in the cockpit.
So something goes wrong during the flight planning in WORLD MAP.
Certain data is not transferred to the FMC by the program.

Same problem here. ILS doesn´t work in airports where it just worked fine time ago (LEBB…)

1 Like

Just flown into LFBH and the ils for rwy 27 (set manually 109.55) wasn’t working for me either. I grateful if someone could check this for me…

Hello Flightsimmers, i have also the same problem after SU9 with ils landing on the runway 18R in EHAM