ILS problems

Hi all!

I’m flying the DA62 in the USA in the moment. Since i few days i have the problem that my ILS is not working anymore. I mean i have the right frequenz and as navigation source nav1 and i can follow the localizer and the glideslope. But when i push the apr button with an active autopilot i can do what i want…the autopilot is not catching the ILS…
The last time in Europe a few weeks ago it were nore problems at all…

Is this maybe because in the states the runways have the same frequenz?

Any mods in your community folder ?
The runways in the US don’t all have the same frequencies.
I fly in the US a lot in the sim, and have no issues, but I use the A320 mostly.

No mods, the default da62. And with stock Airports and Community addons is the same…

1 Like

Have you told your plane to descend first before hitting Approach mode?

A couple of things:

Sometimes there is a mismatch between published frequencies (as in using real-world Approach Plates) and the data set within the Sim. I’m guessing from your post you are manually tuning? If so, do you get a short code next to the frequency in the radio bar to show that the sim agrees that this is a valid ILS frequency?

The “detection” of glideslope in the sim can be very arbitrary. It’s not real world procedures, but I generally am at 1000’ AGL before the FAF. This gives me a 8/10 chance that the glideslope is detected. Usually it happens well before the FAF, but some GS depictions have been tricky depending upon the airport. I’ve actually had airports with parallel runways both using the same ILS frequency (needs fixing bad). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you sure it’s an ILS approach (vertical + horizontal guidance) and not a LOC/Localizer approach (horizontal guidance only)?

Are you seeing the green diamond on the left side of the G1000’s altimeter, and intercepting it so the AP catches it?

1 Like

Yeah i did all that… and it worked a few weeks ago…i did the same things and nothing different… but know it did not worked

Strange. I wonder if it’s just specifically a new bug in the DA62 (I don’t fly the Diamonds that often). You could try the C172 to compare if you have the time.

1 Like

Is this for every airport and runway ILS you are flying or just one airport/runway?

If you have any content at all in the Community folder, empty it and then try the sim.

The easiest way to check you are using the correct frequency for the ILS in the Sim is to zoom in to the destination airport details on the world planning globe, check you have the Navaids filter on as it’s off by default every time. Then click on the ILS beacon symbol for the runway you’re going to arrive at and the frequency will be displayed in the details on the right of the planning screen. Just make a note of it and insert it or check it’s loaded in the nav system on the aircraft.

1 Like

I have the right frequenz and i get the right ILS signal…it is just that the AP is not intercepting the course and glidslope so i had to do it manually…and yes the AP is on and the APR button is pressed before i reach the ILS interception point, when i call it just like that. And a few weeks before everything worked, and i changed nothing…

I played alot FSX…and there the AP had the same problem with same ILS frequencies on the same runway…

I’ve noticed that using the APR button in most MSFS aircraft doesn’t work at all if the LOC isn’t immediately changing from white (armed) to green (captured).
If you are flying on an intercept heading with LOC and GS in white, the aircraft will continue on its present heading and altitude.
A few miles too far out and I need to use NAV/LOC.
Once the LOC is being captured, pushing the APR button will correctly intercept the ILS.

It’s not realistic, but that’s the way you presently have to use the AP with e.g. the MSFS TBM.

That is a good “pick up”.
I never would have thought to notice it hadn’t changed color.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.