I'm looking for mods that are imaginative and fun

I belong to an association of flight simulation fans in Spain. We have a magazine, and I’m writing an article about mods for MFS that are imaginative and fun. I mean mods that are neither scenery nor aircraft, and preferably free.

For example, I found this mod: Otto, an animated selectable pilot based on “Otto Pilot” from Airplane!

I could also write about little programs (not only mods) that help you for example to manage the airplane. Another example of a program that is simple and useful is SimShaker:

This little program lets you connect MFS to a vibrating seat, and personalize the vibrations associated with every event in the simulator, such as touchdown, flaps, etc.

I’d appreciate your help to find more mods and programs for my article!

2 Likes

I’d say most of the Parallel 42 tools fit your requirements except they are not free, but not expensive. Definitely imaginative and fun — and good quality. Namely:

SkyPark:

Campout:

Flow:

And the missions for the Airbus H145:

(HPG H145 helicopter purchase also required)

SoFly Storm weather presets:

FS Realistic- additional sounds and camera effects for all aircraft:

(Newer Pro version here: Just Flight - FSRealistic Pro)

Flying School:

For free, things that spring to mind:

(There is a premium paid upgrade. This is my favourite utility so of course I paid for the full version!)

(…Plus client required: Bushtalk Radio Client: Audio tours and local radio from your cockpit for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS)

Maybe our own Hobbs Hours tracker app I’ve developed with some friends could be considered “fun” also — let’s you see how many hours you have flown in all your collection of aircraft :smiley:

You mentioned SimShaker, this is similar all in 1 package:

9 Likes

Wow!

A big THANKS, Baracus250, this is more than I expected! I’ll have a lot fun and entertainment taking a look at all this mods!

4 Likes

No problem. If I think of anything else I’ll post here again.

There is a lot of scenery that fits the bill, and some aircraft (I guess I did mention that helicopter lol) but you really don’t want any scenery?

1 Like

No, because I think people can easily find scenery and aircraft on pages such as flightsim.to

I think it’s more interesting to talk about mods and programs that people would never have imagined existed.

1 Like

Just one then :wink:
This is not available anywhere except direct from the author.

Voyager Sim Project MSFS - SeaPlane Atlantis (TAV1)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10217533846577067&type=3

Video:

2 Likes

I’ll recommend a few to you! These are my personal favorite

Anything that is made by Wombii is fun, I would for sure recommend all of them to you.

Have fun!

1 Like

Definitely, this is for the “gamers” … Interesting… Lots of Art and Toilet tours…
Unusual toilets for those of us living in North America, but interesting graphics.
Music was interesting also… Just not sure where this would fit for someone into serious flight sim or the folks building home cockpits but for the fun loving gamer, nice.
We all really love this flight simulation game, no matter our calling.

Can’t go wrong with Ole’ Canoe for something imaginative and surprisingly really really fun -

3 Likes

“Imaginative and fun” was the request, lol
Seems to check out. Of course he doesn’t want to know about Victoria Falls and Niagara Falls. They are “fun” to fly around but not really “imaginative” so much as realistic and richly detailed.

1 Like

:rofl: I tried going over Niagra, but there seemed to be a little ledge that my ole’ canoe got stuck on… good thing, too… I would have felt bad for the doggo up front :rofl:

1 Like

I had to poke around in a couple of places to get the canoe over Victorias main fall too :slight_smile: I think it’s the actual animated water “arcs” that have some kind of collision layer. Try and go between them and she’ll probably fly :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have my mission set for this evening - find a way to go over the falls in the ole’ canoe… I’ll have to leave the doggo and cat off the bow, though… I couldn’t live with myself sending them over to their sure certain demise just because of a reckless stunt :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks, HamMan2118 and Deelee6800!

And, do you know of any program or mod that shows aeronautical charts in PDF “floating” in the cabin while you fly with virtual reality glasses?

Bush League Legends has some good scenery for STOL and campgrounds if you’re into that. It’s fun if you enjoy backcountry flying - imaginative in the sense that their scenery includes monster sheep that will eat you if you exit the aircraft:

Actually, I’m not sure if the sheep will eat you, but I’m not seeking to find out. Bush League Legends - MSFS Scenery - New Zealand

100% Bond Spy Who Loved Me vibes from that ‘pad’

Thanks to all of you for your help.

I’m sure this will be a great article!

“Oh no, there goes Tokyo…Oh no Godzilla!”
(Actually, it’s San Francisco Bay, which tracks nicely with the ‘Monarch: Legacy of Monsters’ series. Still cool.)

https://flightsim.to/file/12627/godzilla