Implement weather and terrain API’s for aircraft developers to implement accurate radar, predictive windshear, EGPWS, and METAR/wind uplink

I would love to see that kind of detail on the weather radar. I also hope Asobo fixes or re-enables the turbulence or gives us an option for realistic turbulence. The weather outside is frightful, the plane glides on delightful.

6 Likes

Absolutely a must, both a revamped weather engine and the associated API’s. They are seriously behind the constant major visual improvements going in the last sim updates.
Not to mention regression in turbulence severity and wind gusts ( their actual absolute lack of… [BUG LOGGED] No wind gusts for Live Weather, broken for both PC and Xbox )
It’s time to make the simulation aspect of msfs great again…

7 Likes

Fixed, thanks for pointing it out!

10 Likes

It s a must have for a flight simulation, vote.

2 Likes

Must have! Voted!

3 Likes

I’d vote twice if I could. I really hope this is the beginning of something awesome - the weather engine indeed needs a major overhaul. The visuals are okay, but there are so many things wrong/lacking or not implemented.

3 Likes

A lot of votes already, not bad

2 Likes

Voted! Good idea!

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to highlight this for ages, here, and various external forums.
I’m not technical, so my input is negligible, so all can do is add my two-pence worry to the argument.
All major developers face this WX/TERR radar shortfall, including PMDG, Aerosoft, FBW, JF, Fenix, QualityWings, and so on.
Not one of them can hope to deliver a viable study level product until this is corrected.
Asobo, don’t just see this thread, cogitate, contemplate, and process what is being communicated, otherwise, it’d be a bit like hearing but not listening.

1 Like

The reluctance of Asobo/MS to open up the weather systems, might indicate their future vision of wanting to keep this, for their own development (and Monetization) .
This is obvious their right to do so, but maybe only if the can actually do so, and do it to a high enough standard of simulation, that it satisfies sufficient number of MSFS Pilots.

There is something about “One’s eyes being bigger than one’s stomach” , that might well apply here .

2 Likes

Come on Asobo / Microsolft lets get in done!!! Give your freeware best aircraft support!!!

3 Likes

But at least there is a big push for a real Simulator issue, and not “Press any Key” that got a surge of votes earlier.

5 Likes

Ironically, I would strongly vote for the return of the “Press any key to Continue” ( or more Precisely a “Are you sure YES/NO” ) when one tries to, or by error, “X’s” out of the Sim.

And if you do say “YES, exit” the option to save any changes before the sim actually closes"

3 Likes

Voted, this is a pretty big omission from the sim that every serious developer suffers from!

3 Likes

Must have! Voted!

2 Likes

this is all going over my head but I agree

Yes, the point is though they’re allowed to “skip the queue” by campaigning for votes to people that don’t even fully understand what they’re voting for. If it continues like this they’ll soon reach the top of the wishlish feedback snapshot. Feels a bit unfair, but hey that’s life I guess.

What is there to understand except this is required for any of our favourite existing or upcoming aircraft to have realistic weather and terrain displays? I fail to see how it’s “skipping” any queue. The voters are all MSFS users that want to see this functionality. Their votes are no more or less valid than anybody else.

just disappointed that a third party dev is allowed to solicit votes while other items have been ignored for months.

This issue has been raised in various forums since the sim’s release by most developers. It is very clear by now, from the weekly SDK posts, and the update content, that this forum and it’s votes form the priority queue, so instead of complaining about that, why wouldn’t we take the hint and engage it?

6 Likes

Don’t you really mean

This is a pretty big omission from the sim that every serious developer SHOULD NOT allow their application to suffer from!

It’s pretty basic stuff, both from the point of view of controlling the exit process, and especially cleaning up before terminating the application.

There is obviously data that gets written back when the program is closed by its menu system, because currently, if you just X out or Kill task, it is obvious next time you start the sim, that some changed data was not saved.

This is almost Application Programming 101, and I find it a little alarming that this was not part of the Sim’s design from Day One – even if it was not present, or forgotten, in FSX.

A definite pattern of way to many incorrect features or omissions, being blindly copied over from the FSX code, without due design review & consideration.

Neat – My Vote just made it “1300” votes –

13 Hundred,

hope that is not an unlucky number !!

2 Likes