Improve the 787 next?

Since the default Longitude has finally been improved, we should expect to see the same for the 787?

A lot of people who paid for Premium Deluxe on Xbox would appreciate this…

Or at least make the popular Heavy Division mod that PC players have had access to for well over a year now available on the marketplace?

The default 787 has so much potential yet is very bland / mostly inop

2 Likes

i think they mentioned they’ll be going over the airliners at somepoint in the AAU updates. But I agree even on PC the default plane needs some love. The Heavy Division mod is great but it sure would be nice if they unlocked a smidgen more. darn licensing…

2 Likes

Does the heavy mod modify the actual flight model at all? Always felt the default 787 is extremely unforgivable on touchdown (I can touchdown in the -100fpm to -200fpm range but sometimes it’s banging and bouncing around as if I landed at -700fpm)… It’s still my favorite and imo the most challenging default craft to land (smoothly).

1 Like

no. the model is otherwise untouched. It makes some changes to the PFDs and how the plane behaves (eg “VNAV” is very rudimentary but it otherwise works) but the flare issue persists.

this is honestly why i love it in it’s current state. Trying not to die and saying “yknow i destroyed the landing gear and half the passengers L4 vertebrae, but at least nobody died…”

4 Likes

Moved to Interests-Aircraft

I find the plane flies ok enough with some practice and the HUD is cool, but the FMS is garbage even compared to the basic A320 and if you switch the autopilot to FPV mode, you aren’t adjusting angle of flight, it’s just another way to tell how many feet per minute you want to descend.

Someone was paid to create this plane…?

And the 747 is its own can of worms starting with the whole mirrored livery thing. Might as well scrap it.

2 Likes

Not afaik, it just modifies the PFDs and adds a VNAV that, in my experience, adds more bugs than features, though I know some people are happy with it so it could be my PC.
Even with the mod the plane is unflyable for my standards, I regret buying the 120€ edition, though I have come to terms with it by assuming that expense as money to support the sim development.

That is the least of my problems, the 747 AP freezes if you go around, forcing you to take manual control of the full go around procedure and subsequent approach. I have not found a workaround so far for this issue.

If they can do to 787 and 747 what they did with Longitude and CJ4, they would instantly become amazing planes. The longitude especially went from “meh ok” to beast mode and the most capable default plane in the game.

2 Likes