Improved pushback system is needed

Why woulds we need to steer anyway? Actually MSFS should detect the active runways and the taxiway route the ATC gives you, based on that it should be able to perfectly push you back automatically to be in line with the taxiway.

7 Likes

It would be nice if we could get something like the pushback plugin in X-Plane where you can design the route and then sort of communicate with the driver.

7 Likes

Totally agree. The current provision of pushback is very clunky and cumbersome. If Better Pushback’s (XP11) planning feature was added, it would be SO much better. Asobo could have an ‘advanced pushback’ option in the Assistance options that could then allow simmers to plan their pushback. This would then still allow the casual player to pushback with the current system, without the need to dive into more realistic pushback.
I would also prefer to have the realism increased; the tow requesting parking brake release/lock and lifting of the aircraft. For GA aircraft with engines on the nose, making sure the engine is off before pushback. Who would want to be that close to a spinning prop!

1 Like

I agree completely, except that “the extra commands in the ATC menu are absolutely fine”. Becasue they are not. You definitely do not call ATC to request pushback, and you absolutely definitely do not call ATC to request catering or baggage. So these need to go away also.

There really should be an “intercom” option next to ATC for direct communication with the ground services. At least this will be more realistic.

5 Likes

Yes. So true. I also worked ramp. The current method is needless, let alone wrong.

Oh, and the wheels of the pushback car are not turning :wink:

1 Like

That would be by far the best implementation of a pushback system.
Just tell the tug guy “pushback, facing east” as it seems to be in real life.

4 Likes

Hi
Today at EGLC Airport i start the flight on ramp 23.
Setup the flight and request request pushback to the left to finish aligned with taxiway.
At the time i need to stop pushback as behind me i have water ATC receive other comunications and to help to different ATC Clearence for 2 AI airplanes.
Guess what happen to me ???
Yap finish on water.
So my question is , wouldn’t be better have the pushback speech not together with ATC ?
humm
Can be together but not be part of the same frequency radio as example.
Sorry if my english is not the best one.

Thanks

1 Like

I believe we just need a better PB in general. The “Request push to the left / right” is not the greatest way. Maybe something like from xPlane 11’s better pushback mod where you can choose where you want the pushback to end. Forward push is also needed too haha

1 Like

Agreed. And the only way I’ve found to at least slow the pushback when the frequency is jammed, is to put on the parking brakes. Realistically, it should completely STOP the pushback. But it does at least slow it.

2 Likes

Use SET PAUSE ON - this pauses the plane, but the ATC continues. You can then SET PAUSE OFF when you’ve responded to ATC/Requested puchback stop etc. Note this is NOT active pause.

See here

2 Likes

Great idea. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that, since I use it to enter FMC (or whatever the Airbus equiv. is) data when ATC assigns it late. Should’ve thought of this. Thanks! :+1:t4: :grin:

2 Likes

Shouldn’t it stop when you press SHIFT+P ?

1 Like

Definitely. And do they really use those small trolley things ( and shove them under a rotating prop !!) regardless of aircraft type?
As for using ATC - it is all way too long-winded and in the air I am constantly in areas of ‘controller tennis’ being handed over, then back, then elsewhere - all with long readbacks etc that make it impossible to get an ATIS or contact a nearby airfield until they have stopped (then usually they set off on the same with someone else).

1 Like

This might help … https://flightsim.to/file/853/pushback-helper-v2-0

4 Likes

Maybe there is a way to do this but when you decide to hit the key combi or button to initiate pushback it’s just straight back and no way I can see to change directions. You would use number 1 to go left and 2 to go right if I recall after starting pushback w/ the other sims. Please consider re-adding this capability it will be much appreciated I’m guessing. Thanks

I know it cannot be copied - but xplane has a plug-in - BetterPushback. Best add in ever. Then I look at MSFS2020. And the pushback is horrid. Are there plans to improve this or - are there plugins?

2 Likes

Not sure about Asobo, but I’m pretty sure that FSDreamteam is working on bringing GSX to FS2020. Not sure of the progress on it, but I remember seeing a post on it a while back.

This is basically BetterPushback for MSFS, without the path tracing and the sound. I love it, and maybe the developer can bring those features aboard too.