Improved pushback system is needed

Disappointed to see that improving pushback is quite low on the devs list of slated improvements. Probably would help if we get the votes for this up!
The current system is ridiculous. Who can tell what they were thinking when they designed it.
Please vote this up!

2 Likes

Like others have said the current pushback rigmarole is stupid. In real life you have the ground handler the pilot communicates with who advises the crew when the engines are clear, when they can start up etc etc. Real world flight crews do not go through atc to turn right or left or to stop the push thats what the dround handler plugged in to the aircraft does. I have seen videos of other flight sims (dont know which ones) that you can hear the voices of the handler telling the crew to release the brakes etc why cant we have that in msfs 2020. Please can we have that please and be closer to reality christ knows how overworked and stressed out not to mention the delays that would happen in real life if atc had to do all that communications

1 Like

Good day everyone,

I am sure that everyone has noticed that push-back on aircraft seems a “bit out of wack”. It looks like the the push-back guy and his little device go right into the CG of the plane before it suddenly resets and then starts push-back.

2 Likes

I voted for this because I want a better pushback system, but I’m not sure AS/MS should use their scarce resources to develop it. Looking at the one they included, I don’t think they have the knowledge to make it happen. If they did, they wouldn’t have designed the current one the way they did.

Simple question that should provoke thought from the developer - how is a pilot supposed to tell the tug what to do? Do they have a rear view mirror or something? Did they ask any air;line pilots how the push back procedure works or did the just make it up. To me, the current process feels like something I would see on one of my kid’s shows like Super Wings.

Anyway, what AS/MS need to do is call up Umberto from FSDT and say “Hi Umberto. We came to the conclusion that our pushback feature is a complete ■■■■. What do you need from us to implement GSX for MSFS?”

They need to repeat this process for a number of features that they simply don’t have the knowledge or resources to implement properly in a timely manner. Sure, they have the tech, but they seem to be suffering from the same syndrome that many technologists suffer from - they assume that since the can code, they know everything about everything - techie arrogance for lack of a better term.

3 Likes

I used it at first until the PC people kept getting it wrong - driving into a prop-disc, pushing me into other traffic etc. Since then I just use shift P in the traditional way or reverse thrust - which lets us steer easily (into the beer tent).

1 Like

the old shift+P works still!

2 Likes

This is something.
And better animations would be great.
Hate it to see the pushbacker somewhere in the cockpit or in the wings, when trying to find contact

3 Likes

What if the sim would just put you int the seat of the push-back operator in case of a pushback request? Sounds like fun to me.

3 Likes

On 1 of the paid add ons for msfs thats exactly what you can do think it was around 20 euro or something it couls be on fs2crew but dont quote me

Yeah the push back system is incredibly frustrating and rubbish, it actually puts me off starting from gate

1 Like

I had a comment in a related post about “GROUND SERVICES” - (Pushback, Jetway on/off, catering, fuel etc…)

“AGREE - Ground Services should NOT be accessed via ATC / radio menu. Add a “GROUND SERVICES” menu to the toolbar. Each of the services can be listed with a toggle button beside it. The pushback option should have 4 options (pushback straight, left, right, stop) . This menu should be accessible even when the aircraft is powered off.
If, for whatever reason, one of the ground services is NOT available at a particular airport, that specific option can be greyed out in the list.”

This should be a MINIMUM fix to the pushback issue - adding the functionality to the toolbar at the top of the screen.

You have MY vote.

4 Likes

Many addons already do the pushback feature so much better.
It needs to be simpler and it should be a core feature of the sim.
Voted!

At this rate looks like you’ll be wrong.
):

And then it should fully disappear off the toolbar once not near a stand/gate. Love it

Hello
When is MSFS2020 Going to sort the pushback where by if the grounds services are used the vehicle or operator goes in to the aircraft and crashes with it then shoots back to the correct place its really a big bug for me and needs fixing
many thanks

I think they should give us a option to control the push back tug with a separate joystick so you could do stuff more manually because I had problems with requesting pushback to the left or to the right and I always get the pushback direction wrong

I would like to see push back tugs removed from the GA airport.
I even found one at a dirt strip in the middle of no where the other day.
Also need the the parking man removed from GA.
Or at lest an option to remove.

1 Like

I think this request can be removed from the wish list.
This free addon answers all the above.
All services and doors can be controlled. Tug is steered by your rudder pedals.
Integrated voices, are being created in many languages (ongoing).

Download - Toolbar Pushback for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

1 Like

At small airfields the ‘pushback’ should just be a couple of guys pushing the plane by the wingtips or maybe the tail. It’s kind of silly to see a dude on a truck on dirt fields out in the middle of nowhere.

2 Likes

I would like to not have to call Ground to relay requests to the pushback driver. Can we please have the ability to control the pushback with the rudder control?

1 Like