Impulse Simulations Bankstown any good?

Hi All,

Has anyone got the Orbx (Impulse Simulations Bankstown) airport? Just wondering if it’s worth it. I haven’t been able to find any reviews for it. I’ve seen screenshots from Impulse Simulations, but I want to get an opinion from someone that has it.

Is it worth buying? I already own Flytampa Sydney, and Orbx Sydney Cityscape. Not sure if Bankstown is worth the money though and haven’t been able to find any reviews or Youtube videos of anyone that has it apart from trailers.

I know the airport really well and do have the scenery. Not worth the price tag unless its cheaper now. I mean it looks good and sort of captures the airport? but the modeling and texturing isn’t the best.

That’s what I was afraid of. Thanks

The scenery gets the job done. It is definitely an improvement over the default autogen scenery. But as RC2018 already said, the modeling and texturing quality is average at best, even for Orbx standards. Orbx has it discounted right now (only about $3 off), but IMO it’s still a little too expensive for the quality it offers. For example, I also have Orbx’ Parafield airport which I find slightly better than Bankstown. Parafield is only $9.99 compared to Bankstown’s $15.00.

There is a freeware Bankstown airport scenery on flightsim. I haven’t checked it out. This might be an alternative.

Thanks. Sounds like the consensus is not to waste the money so I’ll hold off until it’s severely on sale.

Bankstown Airport Scenery isnt too bad from Orbx. I am new here so forgive me. Bankstown Airport isnt far as I grew up on both sides of YSSY (Kingsford Smith). I have not personally used the upgrade. As I understand Orbx does provide value for money. Ultimately its what you want to use it for. I would go Orbx as it is a reliable vendor which provides consistency. On a side note wouldnt mind trying the Aerosoft CRJ to land on the centre runway to give it a run for the money. :slight_smile:

Nicholas