Just a suggestion to the team to perhaps compile a specific list of pre-work that could / should be done prior to the incoming update (and prevent launch-day issues). Would be handy to have anything published / posted in advance.
Specifically, any in-sim or Windows settings to reduce issues with installation, CTDs, or settings within the sim that will need to be refreshed / rechecked (especially those that will be impacted by the next update).
- Windows: synchronize time settings
- Windows: disable power monitoring software
- Windows: confirm updated list of incompatible software
- Windows: install and update Xbox app?
- Windows: MS Store procedures?
- Windows: disable full screen optimizations
- Windows: set virtual memory to match system memory
- Nvidia CP: ?
- Sim: temporarily disabling rolling / static cache?
BTW, the list above was compiled from these articles (which are great), but a vastly under-used / rated, especially that they get get updated fairly often.
All versions - Download stuck on packages / Install loop & Decompressing issues – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)