In Development - Virtual Cockpit for CaptainSim C-130

They have posted a few images to their Facebook page. Perhaps they gained some programmers on staff again and will be upping their game a bit.

I also know that they quietly released some updates to their Boeing 717 with custom systems, so maybe will see some overall skill and quality improvements now.

Edit: updated link

This link doesn’t require a login. I don’t do social media. :wink:

https://www.facebook.com/captainsim/

1 Like

This looks very interesting but it’s Captain Sim so let’s see… Maybe this time it will be a good product - loks a bit too good just to be sold with… I dont know, default TBM’s or KingAir systems or something.

Don’t touch CaptainSim. Just wait on the Blackbird C-130.

3 Likes

Blackbird’s is a J model and I think Captain Sim’s is a very analogue E. Different aircraft.

1 Like

I remeber their E back in FSX. I’m not interested in glass cockpits

2 Likes

Would be awesome if Blackbird did optional JATO rockets and a Fat Albert livery.

Fat Albert “JATO” Take-Off 2009 (youtube.com)

2 Likes

Jet Assisted Take Off Take Off. Lol

1 Like

Maybe they’re back on track. The FSX C130 was great, as was the 707. When this comes to market, it will be my first Cpt Sim purchase in more than a decade.

1 Like

Now released. Seems like a full package representing a C-130H. If anyone gets it and can let the crowd know if existing repaints work, it would be appreciated.

1 Like

I’m not into the big birds but this looks really good, will be quite good in VR with all that weathering detail. They could have saved themselves a whole lot of flack had they waited to release a full package instead of half a plane in the first place! Let’s hope they are back on track as a developer…

1 Like

Tempting but I do not see anything addressing the flight model unless I missed that.

1 Like

It might be the 747 flight model, we are speaking of CS here so I’d be extremely careful.
First check if the new plane has an external model, maybe this is only cockpit.
Then check for sings of a 747 as this has 4 engines, if it can fly at Mach 0.89 maybe it is based on the 747.

1 Like

First Impression after a short flight: Its a full model, doesent make M0.89! But only one livery, I dont know wether it is compatible with exterior only model. System depth is not as good as it was in the FSX Version. A lot of switches an knobs do not work.
It looks good and is flying ok. But I think for now its a little overprized, so hoping for improvements.

5 Likes

I bought this and took a closer look through the files, before even starting up the sim:

• Asobo King Air Sound (very bad^^)
  • all Instrument seem to be WASM Code (good)
  • only one Livery (acceptable I think)
  • still a lot of B747 numbers in the aerodynamic section of the flight_model.cfg, but the majority of the other sections seems to be different (suspicious)
  • engine.cfg - couldnt find similarities with king air engine.cfg (good - so far)
  • system.cfg - couldnt find similarities with king air or 747 system.cfg (good - so far)

And to make something clear - this not a Cockpit only^^. This is an entire Aircraft, but it is also not meant, to be used for the C130 exterior only addon. And they wont offer a discount according to their forum, cause this here is a C130H and the exterior only is a C130E

Edit: NO Manual - CaptainSim states it is entertainment software and no training software (very bad for this price).

Cheers

12 Likes

It is ok. @JayDee6281 sums it up perfectly. I hope they fix the sound soon.

1 Like

I hope FTSIM+ makes a sound mod. They already have one for the other c130 CS Addon.
I doubt that there ever will be a sound update by Captain Sim itself.

Do you also have double pilot models?

Over at Simouthouse a poster mention they were able to convert the TSS C130 sound pack for P3D to work with this using the MSFS Legacy Importer FWIW.

I didn’t know that was possible, I have an MD80 sound pack I’ll have to try that on.

@Jaydee6281 wrote:

“Still a lot of B747 numbers in the aerodynamic section of the flight_model.cfg, but the majority of the other sections seems to be different (suspicious)”

Note that 75% of the parameters in the flight_model.cfg don’t actually do anything!! They are for legacy aircraft. Only 15 - 20 values in that section actually matter.