In SIM Flight Training Takeoff & Landing Module Problem

I’m using the in SIM Flight Training that is part of Activities.

I am attempting to do the Downwind Module that is the second to last module of the Take-Off and Landing section. When I hit Fly the plane is supposed to be in the air on the Downwind leg. Instead the plane starts nose first 8n the ground. Anyone else have this problem?

Hi @CanSteve5031
I’ve never had that issue, and I tried it again to see if the latest SU effected it. But I’m still getting a “normal” landing approach, with the sim starting at 6000 MSL, and it works fine all the way through stopping on the runway.
This test was in a sim with no add-on’s or external programs loaded. If you have anything in your community folder, or any external programs running, I’d try the module without anything in the community folder or any external programs running to see what results you get.
As I recall, there was an issue with this module for some folks in the past, so I’ll see if I can find that thread and see what the resolution was. As best I recall, the issue just went away after exiting the sim and restarting it (possibly with a restart of the PC).
I’ll check back if I can find that earlier thread.
Regards

Does your starting location look like what’s in the thread attached??

If nothing else works, go into “content manager” and search for “training” and a bunch of stuff will show up. Look for the one that says “Training-take-off and landing -6. Downwind” and delete that file. When you restart the sim, it should either reinstall the files, or be available for installing manually.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I’ve tried everything you mentioned and nothing fixes the problem. Weird because all lessons work fine. The lesson is version 0.1.30. I’m running steam version 1.35.21.0.

Not sure if it could affect, but in case you have mods, could you test with your community folder empty or even better start in safe mode ?

I knew I should have written down the version number of that mission. Best I can recall is that number is the right one but I’ll check the next time I get into the sim. I figured by now you had probably tried all the standard fixes but you never know.
It’s a puzzler. Haven’t seen anyone else with this issue since the one mentioned above, so it’s apparently not a widespread issue but one we should be able to resolve hopefully.
I’ll keep looking at this issue and see if anything else pops up.
Regards

I renamed my community folder to .old and had the sim create a new empty one. I haven’t tried in safe mode. I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

Shameless plug, as the developer, but you might find this more useful if you want to do repeated takeoff and landing training:

More info at the website: Location Manager for MSFS - Sonicviz
I also wrote a blog post about some of the concepts behind it: The Power of Repetition and Interleaved Learning in MSFS - Sonicviz

And another one about the development of it: Location Manager for MSFS - Development Overview - Sonicviz

Happy flying…and TO/Landing!

Well it’s now working. Forced the SIM to boot up in Safe Mode. All good. Renamed Community Folder to force SIM to create an empty folder. All good. Put make original community folder. All Good.

I don’t know why it’s working now???

Thanks for everyone’s advice.

2 Likes