In VR, during approach, sim hangs for a couple of seconds and after recovers

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

When descending to the destination, between 10000 and 5000 feet, usually once per flight the sim freezes, and after a couple of seconds, it comes back. During this period the image in my Reverb G2 headset goes black

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Nvidia 531.29

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

That has happened to me before as well, but not using VR.

It’s probably the sim loading airport scenery and the like.

Could try turning the “airport life” slider to zero and see what happens.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes. This happens to me too (75% of all flights, maybe?). The steps to reproduce it is as simple as getting close to an airport of any kind (e.g. joining the pattern).

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

• In my case the pause/freeze is preceded by stutters.
  • Sounds continue playing during the freeze.
  • Happens with all kinds of airports, both at stock airports and add-ons, and most sizes. I have no hard data to back it, but I believe smaller airstrips (grass fields) have a lower risk of causing a freeze.
  • The same kind of stutter and freeze close to an airport (approach/joining the pattern) may also end with a CTD, indicated by the sound going silent, followed by a CTD. (CTDs are quite rare now, but they always happen close to landing.)
  • Observation: Most of my flights are 45 min or more, with different departure and destination airports. Can’t say if it is a requirement.
  • Note: I’ve only tested using GA airplanes (but several different). The default C152 can be used to reproduce the problem.
  • Same recommended NVidia driver as the OP (531.29).
  • I currently use the Varjo Aero headset, I haven’t tried any other for a while, nor have I tested without VR.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Relevant but difficult; I can try.

1 Like