Incorrect ATC/ATIS caller in subtitles

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

No

Brief description of the issue:

Tuned to KCOI ATIS, and what I see in the subtitles is odd. It appears to be from Execjet 707

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I guess tune to KCOI ATIS frequency.

I just realised that although I was tuned to the frequency for KCOI, I was actually listening to KMLB, but it still read “Excejet 707”. I cleared this by tuning to CTAF at a nearby strip, announced my location, then when I tuned back to KMLB, it correctly reported “You”, which is what it usually says IIRC.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have seen this lots of times. When you tune to any ATIS, it will show it coming from the ID that last transmitted before tuning to the ATIS.

1 Like

What is the source of your traffic: AI Offline/Real Time Online/3rd party addon ?
Have you tested with your community folder empty and/or safe mode ?

Real-time online traffic only. I’ve not tried it without community addons, but I could tomorrow. I suspect it will make no difference as none of them are ATC or traffic related

The idea of it simply mirroring the last traffic callout seems plausible.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

issue is not specific to an airport or aircraft
issue is not impacting the ATIS voice message, just the subtitle
1.activate subtitles in accessibility
2.activate AI to get some traffic
3.start parked at an airport with an ATIS
4.tune to the ATIS, note that the caller is “ATC” (correct) in the subtitles
5.tune to ground frequency and wait to have some conversation between the tower and another plane
6.tune to the ATIS, note that the caller is the last plane call sign in the subtitles (incorrect, should be “ATC”)

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Caller 1st ATIS message in the subtitles is correct (KMCO):

Caller 2nd ATIS message in the subtitles is incorrect (KMCO):

1 Like