Incredible Scenery

After playing almost a month now it just occurred to me how much better the default scenery is compared to X-Plane. What is X-Plane? Yeah, I know, many of us forgot about that product.

We like to complain about what we don’t like but there’s no denying the leaps and bounds there is in the difference in quality of the environment in which we are flying with MSFS.

4 Likes

Visual power of MSFS is out of any discussion. But, yesterday I started X-Plane again after 2 weeks and I had very inaccuratte feeling of the flight with Carenado Baron and than with default Cessna. In MSFS are planes more agile, alive and I feel there a lot of interactivities with environment. In X-Plane was flying like on the rails. Yes, people talking about X-Plane flight model superiority, but I supposed that 3rd party developers will get all possibilities of MSFS flight model and this sim will be unmatched.

4 Likes

It’s undoubtedly impressive. I’ve been flying about in Papua New Guinea. At first, I wasn’t sure how accurate the terrain maps were. Then I started watching this guy on YouTube:

MSFS 2020 seems to be remarkably accurate - albeit given to some texture errors (this isn’t a widely-traveled region of the world and I doubt it was high on Asobo’s list when it came to ironing out all the details). Still, comparing what we get for this region with what this pilot shows us IRL in his amazing videos… I’m genuinely impressed with just how close, most of the time, MSFS 2020 gets to replicating the look of the region.

1 Like

Since January that I started as an alpha tester I have forgotten all other sims.

1 Like