Ini A320neo all switches unresponsive or CTD after pressing MCDU MENU button

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no, also using safe mode

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

inibuilds A320neo

Brief description of the issue:

Around 50% of the time pressing the MCDU MENU button while the WAIT FOR SYSTEM RESPONSE message is active causes every switch in the cockpit to become unresponsive or make the sim CTD

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Watch Microsoft Flight Simulator - 1.37.9.0 2024-03-22 18-56-27 | Streamable

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load the aircraft both from cold and dark, EFB panel states and runway start. Change between MCDU pages and when the WAIT FOR SYSTEM RESPONSE message is active press the MCDU MENU key, doesn’t always happen but it does with a quite high frequency.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same here. Total lock-up after MCDU Menu.

Note to OP: Bizarrely it doesn’t automatically register an OP as Voted on the topic so you’ll need to hit the Vote button.

1 Like

Yes. When entering text into the scratch pad for the init page the MDCU and other systems are freezing.

After 8 to 9 characters the mcdu freezes. Other systems are freezing too. RMP digets, lower ECAM display. APU page and more.

DX11

Are you using DLSS?
No

//

A post was split to a new topic: A320 Ini FPS Issue

No

Can press the MCDU MENU button multiple times. Going back to INIT, other pages and buttons no problem. Everything seems to work fine.

DX12

Are you using DLSS?

No

PC

It works fine on my side.

Yes.

Every system in the A320neo v2 becomes unresponsive after entering the MCDU Menu, or even entering random menu screens in the MCDU itself. Choosing a departure SID, for example, locked up the whole plane for me.

N/A (Xbox Series X)

Are you using DLSS?

No.

N/A

After a full computer restart, everything via simbrief is now working.

Same here
Wondering if it has something to do with the SimBrief import

Probably not as I didn’t use SimBrief at all, tried to manually program the flight plan and the MCDU still became unresponsive. Not just that, but all other systems as well. Couldn’t change system pages, etc.

Restart your pcs and or clear cavhes

I’m on Xbox. SimBrief import was the curlprit in my case. I noticed that the aircraft kept the settings I’ve made when I first flown it back in SU14 beta. For now it works just fine. I’ll look more into it and see if I can get SimBrief to work.

P.S. restarted my xbox and it didn’t resolve it so I’ll stop using simbrief import until there’s a solution

1 Like

Just wondering if your Simbrief Username is all Upper case? I can’t get it to recognize mine at all. I try to import from Simbrief and it says Username not entered on Options Page. I go back to the options page and the username is still there. I tried my Pilot ID as well but nothing is working. Thanks

After further testing I think this can be narrowed down by spamming the MCDU MENU button while the “WAIT FOR SYSTEM RESPONSE” message is displayed.

If I press other buttons while the message is active nothing happens but with the MCDU MENU button it always freezes eventually

Yes it is in upper case. As stated above I didn’t have to re-log my simbrief account as it was already there for some reason. Try and clear it out and then restart your system and give it a go afterwards.

I can se it is possible to clear it out and re-input it in the options page inside the EFB

Thanks. I’ve tried restarting Xbox etc with and without info filled. Mine is a mix of lower and upper case but the entry field forces it to Capitals so I tried editing it in Navigraph but the change doesn’t stick. Bizarre. I’ll just load manually for now.

Thanks for the help

1 Like

No problem👍🏻
I’ve done the same.Loaded everything manually and the aircraft works great

Yeah I can’t get it to recognize my username either. Do we need to input anything else? Pilot ID? Password etc? I keep getting go back to options in the EFB. I’m a little confused here.

The username only should be enough. Works fine here.

Do you need a subscription? Cuz I’ve entered username a dozen times and it doesn’t seem to take.