Ini A320neo all switches unresponsive or CTD after pressing MCDU MENU button

I gave it another try today. I hadn’t had the MCDU lockup again since the first flight. Well let’s say this thing is unstable if you mess with it too much. And the autopilot oh boy…

Was in cruise flight and went to change arrival and it didn’t like it. Completely locked up the state of the plane and there was nothing I could do . Plane started flying it’s own path. Flight was over at that point.

Seems whatever code needed optimized made this thing way less stable in other ways than the previous beta. I’d be interested to hear from others who flew this as a bit before it was pulled but feel otherwise.

I know it a beta plane but systems locking up easily should be rare at this point. IMO

Hopefully they are quick to address these issues otherwise I’ll have to hanger this guy until then.

2 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

no

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

on Xbox X, I do not use simbrief to input flight plan so initially ignoring the EFB and inputting details manually into the MCDU, i input departure and destination after IRS aligned and have narrowed it down to pressing AIRPORT button on the MCDU the whole aircraft controls becomes unresponsive.
This is repeatable in my case.
Are you using DX11 or DX12?
NA

Are you using DLSS?

NA

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I only had the MCDU/MENU key press lock-up on my first load. Since then the only lock-up I’ve had, which is repeatable, is selecting FMGC again when its already selected (Green). It doesn’t happen with ATSU though.

Had this unresponsive issue also only @my first flight. Since then no issues.

No problem in my end, done some flights and all smooth

This happens not from just pressing the MENU button. It would be nice to update the title to something ‘Using MCDU can lockup avionics and make switches unresponsive’. When this happens in flight I can still “fly” the plane and even press switches on the overhead but nothing happens. All avionics are locked up. There is definitely some major bugs when altering your flight plan along with this bug. It’s not every time but I’ve been able to replicate it. Last few flights I’ve yet to be able to make adjustment to arrival while in flight, especially while trying to clear a F-PLN DISCONTINUITY, without it locking up the plane. My last comment which included this info got move to this post but it more than just pressing the MCDU Menu button. This may be related but it not exactly the same issue. I think the flight computer is very buggy. I’m not pressing this menu button at all when it locks up.

Since days without an issue yesterday I had this unresponsive switches issue, without pressed the MCDU menu button.

I really don’t know when the entire aircraft (other than the EFB) ceased responding to any user input, but it happened at some stage of my preflight process.

I had imported my SimBrief OFP and had I gone through take-off calculations on the EFB.

I went to input data into the FMS and the aircraft was unresponsive.

I just tried this again, this AM.

I had updated yesterday’s OFP via SimBrief, but I’d neglected to click Generate Flight, so the OFP I imported into the EFB and FMS were from yesterday.

Once I realized this, I generated the flight on SimBrief, reimported the OFP in the EFB and, because I’m not as familiar with the A320, I clicked the MCDU MENU key looking for where I would import my updated OFP (since the option was no longer on the INIT page) and the aircraft froze.

Steps to reproduce:

• Enter aircraft
  • Immediately import OFP via EFB
  • Sync SimBrief data on Payload page
  • Power on batteries
  • Turn on ground power
  • Set IRS 1,2,3 to NAV
  • Set Nav & Logo to 1
  • Set No Smoking to ON
  • Set Seatbelts to Auto
  • Arm Emergency lights
  • Turn on Crew O2
  • FMS > INIT
  • FMS > INIT REQUEST
  • FMS > enter CI
  • FMS > enter flight number
  • FMS > IRS INIT
  • FMS > ALIGN IRS
  • FMS > RETURN
  • FMS > Right Arrow
  • FMS > ZFW/ZFWCG (entering data)
  • FMS > BLOCK (entering data)
  • FMS > INIT
  • FMS > WIND
  • FMS > INIT
  • FMS > MCDU MENU
  • FMS > FMGC
  • Aircraft locks up

I repeated these steps twice three times and the aircraft locked up both each times.

I only have the base sim, the 307, the 3 free Aeroplane Heaven 307 liveries and my 307 mod installed and nothing else.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

entire plane became unresponsive (I cant remember exactly when) but nothing in the cockpit worked even though I was still able to adjust the throttle, lower the landing gear, etc.

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

XBOX

Are you using DLSS?

NA

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Just wondering if FMGC was already selected (Green) when you selected it? I had discovered this and submitted this bug:

1 Like

It is possible that is what is happening.

Of course, I don’t know if the lockup occurred when pressing the MCDU MENU button or when pressing the FMSG button, as the issue would have appeared identically to me either way.

I will try it again today and check to see which key press is causing the actual locking and will report.

1 Like

Looks like this has been resolve in the latest beta build.

I will report back after I test.

The problem still persists in the newest update…

By the time I got back to this, the sim and aircraft had been updated.

I was unable to replicate my lockup.

Nope. Is still an issue. I have narrowed it down to the AIRPORT button on MCDU. I only use the MCDU to programme, I don’t import from simbrief.
I put in the airport ICAO and other details then if you press airport button the whole plane locks up and freezes. Poor.

I never had this problem before, but now with update 1.37.11.0 I had it for the first time.
I exited the main menu and loaded the flight again and it was fine.

With my intial flight it seems to be fixed. I did lots of playing with the MCDU both before and during flight. Before 9/10 it would lock up. I need to do more testing but so far so good for me.

Odd that others are now having for the first time. :confused:

I’d like to try and replicate. Can you list the exact steps?

1 Like

To be honest I think if you press the airport button at any time I reckon it would just lock up. Does it every time for me. Without hitting it I can perform a flight.
I put in the icao codes and flight number, cruise and cost index then if you hit AIRPORT, bam. Locked up.

I was still sitting at the gate from my last flight. I just tried your steps and a couple other combinations and could not get it to lock up. I’m going to try again with a new flight.

I can assume you did a full console restart at some point before/after the latest beta update. I’m not saying this is necessary, but I always do this to eliminate any hidden(possibly imaginary) gremlins. :joy:

I’m wondering if it would be prudent for us to be mentioning what platform we are having the issue(s) on.

I know the sim is supposed to be the same between platforms, but the builds are different for various reasons.

My testing has been on PCs — an Intel laptop and an AMD desktop.

1 Like