[iniBuilds] - EGNM - Leeds / Bradford

Think im sold on this and gonna hold out for the inibuilds one :+1:t2:

1 Like

Definitely IniBuilds for me. Orbxā€™s stuff has been very mediocre lately, except for the indy dev scenery.

3 Likes

And their customer service reply is always ā€œitā€™s Asoboā€™s fault not oursā€.

Donā€™t get me started on Orbx EGLC V2 (I owned V1 previously). It was not worth the V2 tag and the interiors were just awful/faux. I ended up buying uk2000ā€™s which is much better. Then I saw they were not doing free/discounted upgrade for EGNM V2 so I didnā€™t go there.

Itā€™s a case if one having something the other doesnā€™t, again. The actual Orbx airport appears very average but the modelled surroundings look good and presumably sit nicely within their London landmarks city pack. UK2000ā€™s airport looks better but the surrounds are sparse. But I bet UK2000ā€™s is a far better performer!

1 Like

Has anyone who has the inibuilds egnm have the orbx south/central/north packs and is there any conflicts

I have all the orbx south/central and north GB packs and I havenā€™t noticed anything strange going on. There are definitely quite a few POIā€™s about around there. Are you are concerned about anything in particular conflicting close by? I thin Iniā€™s EGNM is mostly the airport itself and a few industrial buildings, car parks and the odd building. I suspect beyond that there is nothing to conflict with POI wise.

1 Like

Just in general really as like you said there is a few POI around that area :+1:t2: glad to know nothing conflicts

Same here and it all works seamlessly. I taxied out to 32 earlier and as I went towards the turning loop the skyline of Leeds looked every bit as I remembered when I used to fly light aircraft out of there. I also didnā€™t see any issues with the ORBX mesh.

At the end of the day itā€™s not that ORBXā€™s EGNM is bad, itā€™s just that this is better.

3 Likes

Thanks mate looking forward to this on xbox one :+1:t2:

Quick question on the orbx gb mesh does it cause many issues with other airports im waiting for that on xbox aswell

1 Like

I havenā€™t noticed anything. I have seen one oddity going into LHR (water where there should be none) but thus far nothing on an airport itself.

I understand that as long as the dev has done their job right and excluded the area of the airport then the mesh will not conflict with it.

1 Like

I have pilotplus bristol and hoping it doesnt have any issus with thatā€¦ is the uk mesh worth it??

I just did a fly around the closest POIā€™s to EGNM in GB central (really only 2 close by) and they are both fine. No issues.

Leeds Trinity Uni

Tinshill BT Tower

3 Likes

Appreciate all this mate thank you :pray:

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t resist and bought it! Runs smooth as silk on my trusty RTX 3070. :clap:

2 Likes

Just seen a video of it on YouTube and you know what has sold me this airportā€¦ they have even modelled the burger King whopper burger on the racks :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

And Gemini Jets models in one shop! :rofl:

Must admit, Iā€™m a stickler for terminal internal development. Many say you donā€™t need it ā€” and theyā€™re probably right ā€” but it is the future of flight simulation as hardware capabilities continue to advance.

2 Likes

Never any doubt which one to buy then :raised_hands::raised_hands:

Itā€™s pretty insane lol. I could use the drone cam to pull up outside, check in, go through security and walk down the airbridge to board a flight. Inibuilds are basically taking the urine with the level of detail here. :rofl:

Love it!

2 Likes

The Orbx EGNM for Xbox is pretty good. Bought it when it was released last week. Quite good performance wise and plenty of detail.