[iniBuilds] - EGNM - Leeds / Bradford

Just wondered if anyone has bought this yet? I only got the email yesterday so it must be very new.

I have the ORBX version (inc the v2 update) but have to say, from this trailer the new iniBuilds versions looks much better. In my experience iniBuilds stuff is generally far superior to ORBX anyway and this looks to be no different. It’s an absolute steal too so I’ll likely pick it up anyway.

1 Like

Discounted too (10%) if you have other Ini UK airports (EGSS, EGLL). Just picked this one up. Was annoyed that Orbx wanted full price to upgrade to V2 (I had V1). Not had a chance to try it out yet but it does look impressive from the images Ive seen.

3 Likes

Just having a look around now. Some amazing internals as well as great externals. There’s even baggage moving around on conveyor belts. It looks very impressive at night with interiors illuminated. Also has 3 performance related toggles on installer. Although given that it is a smallish airport I haven’t felt compelled to turn those down. All in all a good purchase I think. Another great looking Ini airport.

4 Likes

I was likely going to buy it but that’s my mind made up! I was pretty disappointed in the ORBX v2, not really enough there to justify the cost to be honest.

1 Like

Im on xbox guys shoud i wait for this inibuilds one or go for the orbx :man_shrugging:

I only have V1 orbx, so can’t compare with V2. I just objected to them selling V2 at full price again so didn’t buy it. You won’t be disappointed with Ini’s EGNM. Not sure what their schedule for marketplace release is though. Shouldn’t be too long.

2 Likes

They did reply on discord saying its been submitted to marketplace but obviously couldn’t tell me when itll release… i may hold out for inibuilds one :+1:t2:

I did get v2 and it is a definite improvement but, assuming the iniBuilds version is of the same standard as their previous releases, I’d probably wait for the iniBuilds one. There’s nothing particularly wrong with the ORBX version, it’s just more a 6 or 7 out of 10. IniBuilds tends to be more the 8, 9 or even 10 out of 10 standard.

1 Like

Orbx v2 has GA aircraft parking at gates which looks terrible.

Appreciate your reply thanks mate

Hopefully someone will post a YouTube video showing the inibuilds one :crossed_fingers:t2:

Having now bought it I’d say the iniBuilds is vastly superior than ORBX v2 to be honest.

3 Likes

I’m on Xbox too so will have to wait… but, in Orbx’s defence, it seems to have more of the airport’s surroundings modelled than Ini’s? Could just be differences in the marketing images/videos, though.

Ini are normally pretty quick with MP releases. EGSS and EGHI were just a week behind PC; but KPSP took three months!

I’m not sure how big the Ini EGNM is on disk but Orbx’s is apparently almost 9gb! For such a small airport, that’s not encouraging for console users!

1 Like

V1 of orbx egnm was huge for what it was. I think it was old textures imported in from elsewhere and perhaps reused with out optimisation. Sounds like V2 is just as bad. I just looked up on Orbx’s official installer and it says a 4.7GB download and 6GB install size. For comparison Ini’s EGNM is 1.5GB download and 3.66GB install size. (Measured by me on my drive).

2 Likes

I have little doubt that Ini’s will be better. Their last two — EGHI and KPSP — are absolutely stunning and perform brilliantly (on Xbox Series X). Download sizes aren’t always an accurate indicator of performance/stability but they’re a good start.

My issue is that, when you get two sceneries covering the same airport, there’s always that ONE thing one does better than the other — and in this case, it LOOKS like Orbx have better modelled the surroundings. Would be great if someone could confirm…

All this is probably irrelevant since Ini’s is two-thirds of the price. An overall better product for less money.

1 Like

I’ve just modified the main apron parking spots from ramps to gates so that airliners can now park where they should be and GA traffic is restricted to the aprons outside the Multiflight hangars - this wasn’t possible with the Orbx versions:

The mod can now be downloaded from here:

2 Likes

Some more EGNM screen grabs in daylight for you although I still think night time looks more impressive. I like the terraforming depth, looks very realistic. The terminal is very detailed around the periphery (entrance, check in, gates, shops etc). Not so much the central part (baggage reclaim?) which is just a framework/empty (probably for performance reasons). Strangely no animated humans, all static. Loads of cars everywhere, that appear/disappear depending on LOD. All in all very nice.

Note: It also comes with a GSX profile in the install directory. It is labelled ‘beta’ so perhaps it’s an ongoing project.

Terraforming depth shows raised runway lower car parks. There is also some well like features in car park with water in them.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed this recently on a number of airports, cars are just appearing out of nowhere and only when you’re almost on top of them. I wonder if it’s a game thing?

1 Like

It’s an LOD thing. I think there was a switch in the installer to disable them (one of the 3 toggles available). I think they will stay put if you have LOD at 400, but LOD at 100 and they disappear as you move away from them and appear the closer you get. It is a bit disconcerting, but it must be for LOD/performance related reasons.

Yea just hold out much better quality

1 Like