Anyone else find it odd that another Big Radials release is being followed by Inibuilds? Seems like we already have a solid P-40.
To be fair this is a different variant and the P-40 changed a lot from the BigRadials version to the F.
There’s also a Flight Replicas P-40 coming… all 3 are different variants though.
My first reaction when hearing about this new P40 was “yay! I love P40’s!” Then a few weeks later I learned that there was a new Goose, included for free, and apparently also done by Ini. Let’s hope they don’t also publish a WW1 era biplane - oh wait, the Jenny is also from Ini. I’m not saying that was intentional to push out a competitor, but it sure must leave a sour taste for the guys at Big Radials who have been active in MSFS from the start.
Or am I getting things backwards? I wasn’t aware of Inibuilds prior to the first post in this thread, maybe it’s they who already had all of those planes for other sims and it was BR that - maybe unwisely - followed in their tracks?
I will buy any P-40 that comes down the pike.
I don’t think it’s either. I think it’s just whatever planes each developer felt like working on. In the case of the G21A, that was Microsoft’s doing, they just had iniBuilds make it. It was one of the aircraft they wanted in the 40th Anniversary update.
The JRF-6B Goose by BR has been in the sim for quite a while at this point, and the P-40 even longer, so I don’t think iniBuilds is “pushing out competition.”
Yeah I think and hope you are right. It wouldn’t be a smart and effective strategy anyway. My gut reaction is mostly based on the perceived coincidence that their three planes happen to be very closely, closely, and somewhat related to the three planes BP has in their range.
But I believe someone mentioned previously in this thread that Ini is a quality developer with a long history, so I assume it was just that: a coincidence.
not gonna lie, it was definetely surprising for us
News in their development roadmap.
The following is a copy/paste from their forum, source linked on the bottom of this posting.
iniBuilds P-40F WarHawk
We announced our first product for this type of aircraft category in early November 2022 and folks who attended the Leylstad Airshow had the opportunity to try the product in person! We received amazing feedback on the product, and have been continuing to make this a very good first launch for you all! You can check out the trailer below.
Today I would like to share how our product launch and post-release patches will work.
On release, which we are aiming to be sometime next week, we will have the following features:
- Utilizing the latest in CFD implementation from Microsoft in aspects of flight including the primary flight surfaces, control surfaces and the propeller
- Authentically modelled Merlin engine, delivering true to life performance, curated with empirical evidence from pilots rated on type.
- Fully modelled and functional fuel system, utilizing the new fuel mechanics offered by Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Fully functional EFB - including maintenance page, moving map, radios and weather information. This is an optional feature, for those wishing to have a more authentic experience (EFB can be toggled off)
- Removable cowlings exposing our detailed Rolls Royce Merlin Model, in addition to removable gun bay covers or baggage compartments depending on the variant you wish to fly
- Authentic real world sound set from an operational P-40F
- Fully functional lighting both inside and out, including UV glow in the dark gauges and needles, allowing you to fly in all types of weather!
- Seven 4K liveries using the latest industry techniques, whilst maintaining an authentic style of the aircraft
Post-Release Patch 1 (shortly after release of V1):
- Bug fixing from initial release
- EFB Phase 2. We would like to integrate basic route planning into the EFB for those users who wish to fly this plane A-B in a more modern style. You will be able to do appropriate planning ‘on the fly’ being able to enter in a new destination airport via the EFB and give you all necessary information
Post-Release Patch 2 (shortly after release of Patch 1):
- Fuel System improvements. We have plans to add a drop tank and update the fuel system mechanism to take the immersion one step further!
- We are working on a longer term ground handling update specifically tailored for tail dragger or castering nose wheel aircraft. We are working with some pilots who fly these planes in real life. Collecting the data has been a fantastic learning experience, and we hope to be able to execute this fantastically in the aircraft.
- Systems deterioration modelling - For example, if oil is not changed regularly, then oil will be less effective at holding the correct temperature.
- Electronic prop pitch controls
We hope you are as excited as we are for this release. We aim to really provide a fantastic experience to you all, so should there be additional features added post initial release, you can be rest assured they will be added in.
We should be giving content creators a copy at the start of next week, and should all things go well, a release of the product shortly thereafter.
This plane, has been created to a fantastic standard, and will be retailed at £19.99 GBP.
Looks and sounds fantastic, for a great price too!
Great news, sounds like this could become a new favorite! I’m positivly surprised at the price, expected it to be around twice that =)
I do hope this will make its way to Xbox.
Do we know in which shop will it be available?