Initial Release: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

Yes, you need to add these lines to the aircraft.cfg file to enable autopilot function:

[autopilot]
autopilot_available=1
flight_director_available=0
default_vertical_speed=500
autothrottle_available=0

I use the default ‘z’ key to toggle the autopilot on and off. I’ve bound the ‘a’ key to hold altitude and the ‘h’ key to select heading. I’ve bound a yoke key to ‘vertical speed hold’ and another two keys for ‘increase vertical speed’ and ‘decrease vertical speed’. I’ve also bound two yoke buttons to ‘increase heading’ and ‘decrease heading’. Finally, I’ve bound ‘ctrl + n’ to ‘autopilot Nav 1 hold’ which enables the aircraft to follow a loaded flight plan.

2 Likes

I know - was hoping they would make an exception given the trouble I went to! Forget 100 dollar burgers, these are £100 scallops… Well worth it when they do reopen though if you are passing.

1 Like

You might be interested in what I found in my post just above yours.
TG

Hi:
I downloaded the .7z file and converted it to a .zip file; extracted the contents and placed them into my Community file located on my external SSD D: drive. The MSFS2020 Marketplace did recognize it. nor find it after entering a search.

I then searched my C: drive and found another Community folder. I cut and pasted the file from the Community folder on D: to the Community folder on C: and it still wasn’t recognized in the Marketplace.

Any ideas regarding what I am doing incorrectly? I would greatly appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Thanks

@ornaryox have you successfully installed mods in your community folder in the past, or is this your first time? It’s not clear whether you are putting the right thing in the wrong place, or putting the wrong thing in the right place. If you’re struggling to find your community folder, this may help: FlightSim.Com - Finding The MSFS 2020 Community Folder

Does anyone know if this aircraft is affected by the flaps lift bug introduced in the recent update and therefore needs the workaround?

i want report a bug it doesn’t seem the the goose report fuel consumption i notice in atleast first person that fuel remained 100%

doesnt work

Somewhere in the MSFS settings is a box “Unlimited Fuel”.
Check that it is not ticked. (When you find it. Try General first.)
TG

(Found it in: Options/Assistance/Aircraft Systems)

I understand the bug did not affect 3rd party aircraft, only the Asobo or Asobo based aircraft.
TG

1 Like

Testing Autopilot function, Central California.
Jan Kees Blom livery.
TG

1 Like

i xould get ap to work both ways

i dont have unlimited fuel on as i flew with fseconomy on

@system0default thanks for your inquiry. I have never added anything to my Community folder or anywhere else in MSFS2020, before. I have purchased and successfully installed two planes that were For Sale in the Marketplace.

I did start out by purchasing MSFS2020 in Steam and downloading all the content (~100 + GB) to my C: drive. It was a brand new computer with only one internal 1TB SSD. All was well. Everything worked as expected.

Soon after, I attached an external 1 TB SSD. I deleted (uninstalled) MSFS2020 and reinstalled it in the D: drive (~100 + GB). Everything worked as it should.

I wanted to install the Goose amphibian and followed guidance I had gotten from the developers (references, links, etc. not direct communication).

Searching for the Community folder turned up two instances - one on my C: drive and one on my D: drive. I’m guessing an uninstall operation leaves some stuff on your computer.

I tried putting the downloaded and extracted file folder (the contents of which bore striking similarity to other plane files that are in my Hanger and are each flyable, leading me to believe my process extracting the files from the ZIP folder was sound).

Neither location (C: or D: drive Community folder) was identified, either automatically or via a search when I would look for them in the Marketplace.

After repeating each approach a few times, I reached out for help.

@system0default :

Forgot to mention that along the way I learned about the MSFS2020 Developers Tool Bar as a way to search for the location of the Community folder.

Looking there, at the list of items under Watched Folders (this may not be the precise term) I noticed that the only Community file location being “watched” was on my C: drive.

This is what prompted me to cut and paste the Goose folder from the D: drive Community folder to the C: drive Community folder.

No luck…

Well, I am confused but happy. I had been looking in Marketplace for evidence that this plane was available. I thought it would show up there first under Free, then I would initiate it and it would then show up in my Hanger as a choice to fly.

I was fiddling around and found that the file (ozx-aircraft-goose-hd) showed up under MountPoints under Virtual File System. That led me to see if it was in the Hanger. It was.

I flew it. It’s very cool. I was able to find the toggle switches above the windshield, that lower the wing-tip floats and perform a water landing. Very smooth flight and landing. Great engine sound. I love the way the floats convert from wing tips to floats by rotating down…

The confusion is in regard to where the Goose file is located. Since there are only 3 files being watched under Watched Bases (on my computer, at least), I moved my file to the one that ended in Community. I checked the Marketplace - no file (I did not think about checking the Hanger at this stage). Then I moved the file to the to: C:\Users\u2jim\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam. It was not in the Marketplace. Frustrated, I then looked in Mountpoints, to my surprise, the file was listed. That prompted me to try the Hanger. And there it was, ready to go!

But now my Goose file is in an unusual location according to all the guidance I have read. I will move it back to the Community folder and then check the Hanger. Maybe it will show up… Back in a few…

OK, it shows up in the Community folder under File Explorer, it shows up in the Mount Points list under Developer Mode in MSFS2020, it shows up in the Hanger, but still does not show up in the Marketplace, even if I search for it.

It seems to function fine.

Only remaining questions are: why does it also show up in the Steam folder under Official,etc.; and is it important that it be in the Steam folder since I purchased MSFS2020 in Steam and installed it through Steam?

My head hurts, I’m going to think about those later. Thanks for prompting my continued searching…

Anybody know what key bind toggles the floats?

The only aircraft/airports that show up in the Content manger and the Marketplace are ones purchased through the marketplace.

Freeware downloads will show up as an aircraft to fly in the selector but never show up in the Content Manager or Marketplace.

Even if the aircraft is one that is available from the Marketplace, if you buy or download it elsewhere the game will still show it as not owned and still available for sale in the Marketplace even though you own it.