Initial Release: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

Yup, highwing aircraft have a self righting tendancy so you have to maintain input in your turns.

4 Likes

Oh dear… ?

(sorry for the late reply, haven’t checked in in a while)

Keep up the good work!

Woof ~ Woof

Steiny

1 Like

Sorry for newbie question, just fired up this beauty, how to switch fuel to both, cant find click spot. Thx

I’m not in the airplane to verify, but IIRC it’s s up and behind you for the fuel valve.

Hi friends:
I disconnected for a while and now I’ve lost the thread.
The latest version of Grumman Goose G21 is 0.9.8?
Thanks for your help

Yes, 0.9.8

1 Like

thanks friend

Thank u very much for this wonderfull addon. I have some issues though:
When i exit to the menu after the flight the game chrashes to desktop. I tried 3 times. Also having an xbox controller the controller can not stop shaking!

Same, controller shaking all the time. It would be nice to see this corrected in next update, if it’s coming.

-eelis-

Is it wrong that I bought the P-40 partly as a way to pay back ozwookie for the Goose (not that I don’t like the P-40)?

7 Likes

Nope <3 Not wrong at all and GREATLY appreciated!

2 Likes

“Yup, highwing aircraft have a self righting tendancy so you have to maintain input in your turns.”

Not the case at all in this plane and not nearly to the point it is now in anything I’ve flown IRL. Check out this video and watch the turns as they are held with neutral aileron and no massive amount of rudder. Fix this and the excessively low stall speed and we’ll have the magic of the Goose back again.

Grumman Goose Checkout Part VI: Water Landing - YouTube

1 Like

Just finished watching that video, thanks for sharing, love seeing stuff like that. I was indeed watching those turns and some turns it looks neutral and other turns it is decidedly not.

Great that you’ve flown IRL, I’ve just started my RPC journey. Have you flown a Goose before?

1 Like

Was looking to see if this was brought up yet… the “self righting” behavior is ridiculously strong on this… I have flown some 35+ different GA planes and not one of them have anything close to this kind of “rubber band back to straight flight” behavior. It is way way too strong. I actually don’t fly this as much as I’d like to because of that.

1 Like

Try this, edit the flight_model.cfg file in the Goose’s directory;
Microsoft flight sim\Packages\Community\ozx-aircraft-goose-hd\SimObjects\Airplanes\OZx-aircraft-Goose-G21A

Look for this line and change the .25 to 1.00

rudder_effectiveness = 1.00 ;1.00000 ; was .25

I think you’ll be happy flying the plane after that.

2 Likes

No, I have no goose time but have thousands of hours in various aircraft of a similar configuration (high wing, multi)

2 Likes

I have the Saitek AP panel and my trim wheel does not trim the elevators. I also have the CH Products Yoke so assigned the trim up/down to the yoke “wheel” it is really buttons 15 and 16 and that does not show the trim wheel in cockpit turning. I can only trim by click and dragging the in cockpit wheel. Anyway to get it to work with my controllers?

Another thing I have noticed. On runway startup my left engine was running but not right. Had to due several attempts but figured out start routine and got it started. My left engine looks like it is running smooth as silk. My right engine looks like it is out of balance with the nose cone wobbling as it turns. Also during the fight my temps were about 30 degrees different right being the hottest. I really hadn’t touched any engine controls other than other than throttle and prop.

Going to try another start from scratch tonight see if any repeats.

For my part, the trim wheel on Saitek A/P panel works.
Can you tell me (or better a pic) where is the elevator trim wheel in the cockpit ?

Also have the wobbling propellor hub problem on the Goose and on the Black Box Islander. There is a post on the Islander thread suggesting that this is an MSFS problem. BlackBox BN-2 problems - #4 by ClydeFJ