Initilizing AP with current VS

Need some help from a more experienced MSFS AP Modder.

The KAP140 AP, as used on some small GA planes, like the C172 has a functional issue.
It does NOT initialize the AP VS to the VS of the plane when the AP is turned on.

Been going round in circles all day, with lack of a decent SDK, !!!

===
I am working on my 1st Mod. I have a working Mod structure, that is already fixing some other issues, but the one above has me stumped,
(BTW Not a novice: Have over 40 years of programming experience, from Asm to C# )

Whats the correct js, to set the AP’s VS to the Plane’s World VS ??

ROFL

15 days, and not 1 response …

But literally 100’s of post about the AP being broken !!!

Well, guess whats broken !!! For the KAP140, it is because it does not initialize its VS to that of the aircraft’s VS , when the AP is turned on …

That is why the plane “sometimes” seems to go “CRAZY” when you turn the AP on when your VS is not zero, The AP instantaneously demands a zero speed VS, and the plane jerks and goes into pitch oscillation.

Turn on the currently “incorrectly programed” KAP140 when your VS is near zero, and all is fine.

If the Kap150 is Modded so that it initializes to the current aircraft VS when turned on, then no instability.
Also, if the current aircraft VS is outside a reasonable range, the AP should NOT even turn on, because it’s “pilot error”.

Good luck trying to maintain a VS greater than 700 ft/min in a C172 !!! so whats the point of the AP initializing at anything greater than 700 ft/min in a C172.

Similarly, if you are in a Dive, and are stupid enough to turn on the AP, the last thing you want is the AP to engage, at say -1500ft/min !!! - unless you have a spare pair of pants with you !!!

Nobody else seemed interested in addressing this , so I started a Mod for the KAP149 myself !!

Still in basic pre-alpha design but with the AP initializing to the Aircraft VS (within limits), it is ROCK STABLE and a delight to use !!!