Inland Waterbodies Rising - similar to spikes and watercreep on coastlines, but more specific

I submitted a ticked on zendesk #91328.

What happens is that small lakes, etc rise beyond the terrain radius, and form towers, spikes, plateaus, etc… It is likely part of the spike bug, likely related to water creeping up coastlines - somehow the game currently does not render distant altitude levels for waterbodies well, or the borders between land and water.

It is best visible around WP1 of the US east coast discovery flight. (You can download the flightplan online.)

It is very, very immersion breaking to say the least. I checked the bug section, but I haven’t seen a separate mention yet. If it is just part of the spikes bug, please move, dear Moderators. However imo it is noteable that this is related to waterbodies and deserves likely extra attention.

What also happens is that wider rivers with an altitude inclination will form “rolling steps”, usually with 1 step rolling further out, the closer the player approaches. Sometimes the inclination will also be a fixed step in the river-like waterbody.

I hope these, the water creeping up the coast and the general spikes and mountain/ object morphing get a high priority, they are the most striking and most immersion breaking visual bugs at the moment.

Thank you!

Attached please find screenshots, all taken at WP 1 of the US discovery Tour (just north of NYC). It happens everywhere though, but the US seems affected the most.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: River altitude - Raised waterway

Please contribute and up vote this topic for raised waterways:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/river-altitude-raised-waterway/348657