Install DCS on MSFS computer

My MSFS computer is nearly perfect for me. My grandson would like to install DCS on the computer but my hard drive would be nearly full. My motherboard has space for only one NVME drive. My thought is to upsize my NVME from 1TB to 2TB and clone the current drive to the new one. Then use the old 1TB for my community folder. I would really like to allow my grandson to do this; however he would also change my Honeycomb Alpha to his Turtle Beach flight stick every time he flew in DCS. i would appreciate any advice as to how I might accomplish this safely without destroying my very stable MSFS and without wearing out my usb ports with the constant changing of the controllers. All help is appreciated.

If you are going to purchase a new NVME get a 4TB model so you are leaving yourself some head room. Purchase a good quality powered USB hub and leave your devices plugged in. I run MSFS, DCS and IL-2 all without any issues or conflicts.

Really not a big deal and you should have zero issues other than MSFS possibly wanting to auto configure the Turtle Beach. If that’s the case just go to control options and disable it.

All of that is hooked up and running and then some with no issues or conflicts on my machine.

1 Like