Installation Issues & Bugs Megathread

Got it installed - after uninstalling and reinstalling - then wouldn’t start, would CTD. Deleted everything out of the “Community” folder and the game starts – if I add ANYTHING back to the community folder it crashes. I modified the aircraft.cfg files and tried doing one livery at a time – the game starts - but the livery won’t show up in the SIM. (yet). Still tinkering and trying to find a solution.

ask for insert the disc, again??? ms are you take this in serious???

1 Like

Someone knows if this problem is solved? I have still this problem and don’t know what i can do. Have made all the supported things, but nothing helps.

Hello everyone,

Passing by to see if yesterday’s patch helped you with installation/crash issues! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback!

im stuck at loading sceen after i uninstall. now i cant pass the tbm image with the load bar.
So, just reinstalled MSFS 2020 after the update, and now when I open it just goes to the loading screen. It does not ask where to put the download anymore, does not download it either.

Hello JaNaoJanto,

Did you follow all the steps given to do a clean installation?

If so, please check at the end of this thread, there’s a process to follow if the issue persists!

[quote="[ONLY for players with installation issues] Note from the Team News and Announcements, post:1, topic:231206"]
msinfo32
[/quote]

where do i send it

Hi,
I bought the game in 10 DVDs. It took almost 5 hours to install.
When I click on the FS Icon, it shows a screen that reads “Push any key to start”, then another screen that says “Hi, tell us about your experience”, and then another screen named “Content administrator” that asks for the route to install some aditional software.
When I select the drive for the installation, there is a message “Decompressing fs-base-0.1.63.fspatch.001” which gets stuck for hours…
Can someone please help me?

A friend of mine had the same issue, and he followed this procedure (suggested by other users):

• find the location where the files are installed
  • sort it by date and find the last saved file - delete it
  • start again the procedure, it should not freeze on downloading
    In his case this solved and now he is flying happily… hope that can work for you.
    Also can be useful to deactivate Windows Defender during the installation process they say.
    I didn’t realize how lucky I was, all ran very smoothly and it started working immediately.

I am trying to install the sim from the Windows store through the Game Pass. After opening the sim and downloading around 30 GB, the download gets stuck when trying to decompress fs-base-0.1.61.fspackage.002. The sim will freeze after around 10 minutes and then crashes. It has done this at least 5 times, both before and after the September 2nd patch and has never gotten past this point in the download. I have tried nearly all the recommended solutions and nothing has worked so far. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times as well.

I already three times deleted and installed this “simulator” program…
I am not happy because I have only two airplanes in my fleet, a TBM930 and a Cessna 152…
I do not know where are the previous setting datas but the program remember every settings…
Before I installed the program I formatted my SSD.
If anybody can help me please do that.

MEANWHILE I’ve found in PROFIL menu the CONTENT MANAGER and I updated the airplanes!! They can not update at startup!!!

Friend copied me the Installation data on a stick. The content manager downloaded the extra options and now it runs perfectly. Still scared of upcoming updates tho

Download was going fine last night, downloading all the base files but once it got to the last one it decided to restart downloading them again.

If it hasn’t sorted itself out by the time I’m home later I’ll uninstall the sim and retry again in a few days.

Annoying as it ran perfectly before this patch and the download back then only took 12 hours, been 24 so far.

Thanks so much!!!
Now it installed flawlessly.

Wow! Happy flying!!!

Yes, happy flying!
But this Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 still not ready… it is not perfect, because so many things can not works, to many things are inop status, the A320 MCDU not a real tool in this simulator.
It is rather a Cessna 152 VFR simulator!!
The others are only a half ready product :frowning:
I hope the developers will work very fast and very hard, they will make a professional product. If they can not do it maybe ask advice from example Aerosoft, PMDG etc. developers…
The environtment very nice (for Bing Map) but the other things are snappy…
Today I pulled out my joystick from my computer…
A retired real pilot…

1 Like

continue stuck on pc-fs-base-bigfiles-0.1.59.fspackage
I already did everything (all ths instruction for a uninstall and clean reinstall)}
Ahhh I also delete one store file

Am i the only one having trouble trying to reinstall it from the Microsoft store?
had it the first time on my external hard drive but took to long with load times so did a complete uninstall of the game and then searched and deleted any related files under both suggested names. go to click install on the Microsoft store and it just says error, go to look at the problem codes and explanation and its just “something unexpected happened”.
anyone got any ideas? I’ve already tried 90% of the so called fixes on the internet…

They have taken everything into more than account. It wouldn´t surprise me MSFT is taking part in the addons business. Too many would be needed to complete MSFS. As if it wasn´t enough, I just discovered my FSX installation residing on another drive was “infected” and I can´t use any of them.
UPDATE 3/18/22
I was finally able to get MSFS working (for now) after deleting all content from a fixed disk and reinstalling. Don´t use an external one. XBOX still doesn´t recognize it as installed,

sorry but im mad for issues like this, im flying normal, and now if i try to open the simulator apear this…